Ridley's Believe It Or Not—August 8, 2014: Hope you enjoy the holidays posted, along with the factoids and quotes on money since it is National Dollar Day with a smile on your face, a cat in your lap, a happy attitude and a dish of frozen custard.
1. National Dollar Day—honoring the creation of our monetary system with its hallowed dollar on this day in 1789.
2. World Cat Day—celebrating not those versatile pieces of earth moving equipment, but rather those adorable independent felines with nine lives and if you do not clean their litter box, an aroma to peel the enamel off your teeth.
3. National Zucchini Day---celebrating that green squash related to the cucumber and found in many an Italian dish.
4. Happiness Happens Day--celebrating since 1999 the simple act of being happy and all the benefits derived there from like living longer, being healthier and earning more money.
5. National Frozen Custard Day—celebrating one of great frozen desserts during a hot August Day.
On this day in
a. 1876 Thomas Edison received a patent for the mimeograph machine.
b. 1963 the Kingsmen released the iconic rock and roll dance song “Louie, Louie,” which was declared obscene by many radio stations.
c. 1974 Richard Nixon announced on national television that he was resigning from the Presidency, effective the next day.
Selected Greenback thoughts:
Selected Greenback thoughts: "Money is like a sixth sense – you can’t make use of the other five without it." ~ William Somerset Maugham
"Inflation is when you pay $15 for the $10 haircut you used to get for $5 when you had hair!" ~ Sam Ewing
"Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort." ~ Helen Gurley Brown
"Money often costs too much." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned." ~ Paul Newman
· “Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money." ~ Jackie Mason
"If women didn’t exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~ Aristotle Onassis
Please enjoy the 140 character poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and join almost 140 growing followers and please follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs--click on links below. www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy. Go to Rhymes On The Newsworthy Times for comments on important and breaking news events that should be of interest.
© August 8, 2014 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet