testified before the House Oversight Committee unfortunately in executive
session so we do not know the extent to which he has linked Biden to Hunter’s
activities and more importantly we do not know the extent to which Biden was
involved in the alleged Burisma bribery. We do know a lot of money flowed into
Biden Family LLC’s foreign bank accounts and that Biden blatantly lied to the
American people that he had no knowledge of Hunter’s business dealings and never discussed them with him when Archer
testified to at least 20 calls to Biden as VP with Archer and Hunter in the
room and that Hunter regularly introduced his father to prospective clients and
investors. He testified that in December 2015 Hunter Biden, Zlochevsky and Pozharski, 2 Burisma executives left
the room to call “D.C” to get the Ukraine prosecutor who was investigating
Burisma fired but was not on the call so could not testify whether it was Joe
Biden. Lori Vallow in a crime that shocked the nation when she was found guilty
of killing her two young children and conspiring to attempt to murder her
husband’s first wife was sentenced to life imprisonment without possibility of
parole in a St. Anthony, Idaho courtroom. 35 year old Colin Kaepernick who hasn’t
taken a snap since 2016 is still trying to mount a comeback in the NFL which is
receiving a lot of scorn by former players. As large parts of the world are on
the edge of famine exacerbated by the war in Ukraine, Kerry is demanding agriculture
cut carbon emissions which Reds claim would bankrupt many farmers and lead to
reduced output and higher prices. In another case of not wanting to go into the
rivers or lakes for a swim a resident in Georgia became the 6th person
in that state to die from Naegleria
fowleri, the brain eating amoeba. Paul Ruebens, better known to his large number
of fans as Pee-Wee Herman died after a 6 year struggle with cancer.
July 31, 2023 Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Noted Holidays: World Ranger Day: Created by the international Ranger Federation on this day in 2007, marking the 15 anniversary of the IRF in 1992 to commemorate and honor the work done by Rangers to protect our environment and promote the safety of those who visit to enjoy our national and state parks.
Word of the Day: the word of the day is “argute” which means cleverness, shrewdness or sagacity, traits desired in our politicians but too often rarely found.
Song of the Day: The number 1 song on this day in 1946 was “The Gypsy” by The Ink Spots on a run of 10 weeks to share with 13 other songs achieving number 1 ranking. Here is a recording of The Ink Spots performing “The Gypsy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yovIyTnUr5I
July 31 Birthdays: “More than close and with a cigar”: Mark Cuban, noted entrepreneur who sold his company Broadcast.com to Yahoo for $5.9 billion in 1999 and is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, private investor and Shark Tank panelist , was born on this day in Pittsburgh in 1958 and is probably endearing to many as he started life as a bartender, disco dancing instructor and party promoter before becoming a high tech entrepreneur.
July 31 Historical Events In Rhyme
1. On this day in 2012 at the London Summer Olympics Michael Phelps broke Larisa Latynina’s medal record of 18 set in 1964/Then before the games had come to an end added 3 more/In 2016 at the Rio Summer Olympics his last/ Added 6 more showing he was still very, very fast/Ended this career with a 28 medal record haul/ A barrier to surpassing it also very tall.
2. On this day in 1991 the Soviet Union and the U.S. signed START 1/The first attempt to reduce nuclear stockpiles with verification had begun/The threat of a nuclear winter to human life on the planet try to erase/ Not ended but a first step in making our planet a far safer place.
3. On this day in 1971 the Apollo 15 astronauts became the first to in Lunar land rover/A much larger area of the service of the Moon to traverse over/ Proved what we expected in the absence of air/ A rock and feather dropped to the surface the same speed share/ Brought some postal stamps sheets to a West German stamp dealer sell/ Were reprimanded and never again in a space craft would they dwell/ But even with a passable lunar golf cart did not Alan Shepard ape/Try to show how far from the low gravity airless Moon a golf ball could escape.
4. On this day in 1970 after centuries of tradition on Royal Navy Ships/ Of a daily serving of rum to wet sailors’ lips/ The quantities had been over the years/ Reduced until today when on Black Tot Day it disappeared/ While Napoleon intoned an army marches on its stomach to rations can/ Enabling the French Army to conquer many lands/ The Royal Navy sails enhanced by a daily rum tot/Until today when it like for the officers and warrant officers for the ratings was no longer sought.
5. On this day in 1941 a day which will surpass December 7, 1941 standings of infamy/ Hitler instructed Goering and General Heydrich to plan what was needed for the Final Solution/ Which when implemented would be total affront to all human dignity/ Resulting in for over 6 million innocents their execution/ A stain on humanity we must never forget or allow itself to repeat/ Why even the slightest hint of antisemitism we must be quick and ruthless to defeat.
Famous Quote on Today’s Birthday Boy Observation of Donald Trump: Mark Cuban: “I liked Trump's honesty because it was different and had a chance to change the business of politics. What I didn't realize he was missing at the time was a complete and utter lack of preparation, knowledge, and common sense.”
© July 1, 2023 Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Poems on Events of the Day
Unique Commissioned Poems for Special Events