the antisemitism front which has exploded on college campuses since the
brutal slaughter invasion coupled with rape, kidnapping, killing and mutilation
of Jews starting on October 7, Jews on campus are finally saying enough and
filing suit against UC Berkeley for its rising tide of antisemitism and failure
to protect Jewish students from hate crimes on campus
On the Hamas Israeli ceasefire front that was to have expired, Hamas has indicated it will release 10 more hostages which if it occurs will mean 79 hostages have been released and it appears that the ceasefire will be extended another 2 more days raising questions of how long Israel can have so many reservists called up and basically standing down before the economy starts suffering and the IDF starts losing its combat efficiency.
On Harris County Judge Linda Hidalgo front after taking a leave of absence to combat depression that may be induced due to her be revealed as a Blue biased hack, she is back in the hot seat for using the bench for political purposes and a complaint with the Texas Rangers against her has be filed;
On the Austin crime front, carjacking increases and defunding the police go hand in hand raising the question of how long will Austin residents be willing to leave their homes in the cars to go to work or shopping without packing to protect themselves from armed carjacking.
In Godley, Texas when it comes to vetting teachers and school personnel, the School District is behaving in an unGodley manner with egg on their face for failing to discover the person hired to help determine which books are age appropriate was a convicted prostitute even though she is posted as such on line. Should make parents wonder what if any background checks School Districts in Texas conduct.
On the Christmas Tree Front, the National Christmas Tree has been blown over in what should be the classic sign of ineptness of the Biden Administration which will probably drag Kerry out to rant again and again that the blowing over the tree is yet another sign of climate change at a time when most of the nation is under cold weather advisory alerts and the toppling has nothing to do with climate change only the total ineptness of the Biden Administration.
This weekend will see the top 4 undefeated teams playing in their conference championship games with perhaps the best matchup being undefeated Number 3 Washington playing 10-1 number 5 Oregon with the winner being most likely one of the 4 slotted for the Championship Series (Would be nice if either Washington or Oregon playing their last game as PAC12 teams won the National Championship in their new conferences).
All former First Ladies were in attendance at Rosalind Carter’s funeral in Atlanta including Melania whose attire was blasted by some in the MSM; President Jimmy Carter in ill health was also present although it looked like he was reclining in a hospital type bed.
In a “use it or lose it moment” Google is moving ahead to delete accounts that have been inactive for 2 years of more in an effort to upgrade security.
November 28, 2023 Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Noted Holidays: Giving Tuesday: Created in 2012 by the Belfer Center for Innovation and Social Impact at the NYC 92nd Street Y with assistance from the United Nations Foundation and such wealthy donors as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving to after sating your spending on yourself and loved ones to replicate those activities for those less fortunate..
Word of the Day: The word of the day as we continue with words starting with “b” is “blague” which means pretentious nonsense which describes to a tee what we too often hear from our elected officials especially when they are looking for your vote during election season.
Song of the Day: Leaving the number 1 songs on this day in 1940’s to come back to the number song in 2019 in the U.S.A. was “Someone You Loved” by Lewis Capaldi on a run of 3 weeks noncontinuous to share number 1 status with 15 other songs, while 10 acts, including Lewis Capaldi, had their 1st number 1 single. Here is a music video with lyrics of Lewis Capaldi performed “Someone You Loved”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=zABLecsR5UE
November 28 Birthdays: “Monkeys See No Evil But the Press Does” celebrating the birth on this day in 1936 in Ottawa, Kansas of Gary Hart a leading candidate to the Democratic Presidential nomination before his reptilian brain and his proclivity for Donna Rice torpedoed his campaign.
November 28 Historical Events in Rhyme
1. On this day in 2002 in Mombasa, Kenya at the Paradise Hotel so misnamed/3 terrorists drove their SUV through a barrier to detonated a suicide bomb to have the SUV explode in flames/To wound 80 and 13 to kill/While accomplices were firing surface to air missiles at a chartered plane taking off to add to the butchers’ bill/The missiles missed and the pilots still shaking to Israel returned/The identity of the jihadist group was never learned.
2. On this day in 1972, Claude Buffet and Roger Bontems, after being found guilty of killing a prison warden and a prison nurse/After taking them hostage, had the dubious distinction of being the last convicts to be executed in Paris by the guillotine’s curse.
3. On this day in 1965, after Lyndon B. Johnson called for more troops from our allies to be sent to South Vietnam/President Marcos pledge he would send troops to be in the way of harm/Some 10,450 Filipinos served to support medical endeavors and pacification attempts/At a cost of only 9 dead Filipinos that never sparked Filipino contempt.
4. On this day in 1942 in Boston a nightclub known as the Cocoanut Grove was packed to the gills/Almost 1000 patrons looking for drinks, dinner and dancing with live entertainment to thrill/The first Thanksgiving of WWII when a fire broke out to quickly 490 patrons kill/From a fire that looked like with water from seltzer bottle would quickly be put out/The sounds heard were the panic of “Fire” screams and shouts/Little did the patrons know they were in a fire trap the evening celebrating/Locked exit and revolving exit doors and flammable decorations would merit the fire trap rating/The owner who ignored codes to expand the Grove was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 13-15 years/Only served 4 after soon to be fatal stage 4 cancer had appeared.
5. On this day in 1925 The Grand Old Opry then known as the WSM Barn Dance/Started a 1 hour program to country music and its history advance/Soon the radio powers that be realized an hour was not enough time for this genre unique in our music history/Quickly expanded to 4 hours as millions of radios tuned in for its country, bluegrass and gospel tunes deliveries/The Ole Opry broadcast is its shows from Ryman Auditorium in Nashville and finally was showing its age and too small size/In 1974 a new larger facility with more parking and better facilities for TV marked Ryman’s demise/In a little know known fact the Nixon’s attended the grand opening on March 16, 1974/With Watergate closing in to on his presidency open the impeachment door/Nixon to thunderous applause went to the piano to play “America the Beautiful” by Irving Berlin/On August 8, 1974 a resigned Richard Nixon was on the steps of Marine 1 on the White House lawn waving goodbye preparing for the last time to step in.
Quote on Jeannie Seely who has appeared more times on the Grand Ole Opry than any other artist best known as the singer who broke the “Gingham Curtain” by wearing a mini skirt by Richard Nixon before playing the piano at the grand opening of the new Grand Ole Opry on March 16, 1974: “Some girls have looks but can’t sing. Others can sing but don’t have looks. Jeannie Seely’s got them both.”
© November 29; 2023
Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Poems on Events of the Day
Unique Commissioned Poems for Special Events