On the Antisemitism
front fanned by the Hamas/Israeli War, antisemitism in the heart and mind of
Pennsylvania’s Colonial Board of School Directors, member Dr. Jamina Clay since
2021 after posting on her Facebook account that the IDF is a terrorist
organization, falsely claiming it was attacking a hospital while Palestinians
are being eliminated had the sense to resign. California which has the dubious
distinction of the only state having a requirement of completion of an ethnic
studies program to graduate is embroiled in a controversy of whether a
graduating high school student can obtain admission to the UC University System
without having completed a a course that complies with the UC Ethnic Studies Faculty Council views that
such courses must emphasize anti-racist and anti-colonial liberation (this is
the same group that was warning California Universities not to use the term
“terrorists” in conjunction with Hamas’ invasion of Israel and the slaughter of
over 1400 Jewish citizens.)
During the Vietnam War, anti-Vietnam War Protestors chanted “Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, LBJ has got to go” Today outraged at Biden’s support of Israel the left rants against “Genocide Joe.” To the dismay of Jewish voters and donors who have been in the past strong supporters of Blues, widening fissures as too many Blues like the Squad and professors of universities want to throw Israel under the bus.
On the double standard front when it comes to who is protesting, Blues were almost to a man and woman quick to pounce on the January 6 protests at the Capitol but when it comes to the anti-Israel, pro-Palestinian protests at the DNC headquarters barely a peep of condemnation from the Democratic Socialists of America, whose founder Maurice Iserman resigned from the organization in protest.
On the tale of 2 birthdays front, one of which Joe Biden stands at 81 today and who not wanting to attract any attention to the fact at 81 he is the oldest president in office will not be celebrating publicly, hoping voters will forget how old and frail he is, and the other of which Donald Trump who will turn 81 on June 14, 2027, as Trump’s long term personal physician Doctor Bruce Aronwald released his summation of Trump’s physical condition: “I am pleased to report that President Trump's overall health is excellent. His physical exams were well within the normal range and his cognitive exams were exceptional. In addition, his most recent extensive laboratory analysis remains well within normal limits and was even more favorable than prior testing in some of the most significant parameters, most likely secondary to weight reduction.”
On the 2024 Red election front, the dwarfs’ troika of Christie, De Santis and Haley are crossing their fingers and waiting with bated breath as to whom New Hampshire Governor Sununu will endorse and then all in campaign for his endorsee with the smart money betting it will not be Trump. The Freudian Slip on the year has to go to Blue Rep from New York Dan Goldman who wanted Trump “eliminated’ only to quickly retract and confirm he wants no harm to come to Trump only that he be defeated.
On the Hamas Israeli War Hostage release front, movement is glacial with Israel rightfully demanding any ceasefire be conditioned on the release of the hostages who are the only thing keeping the terrorists alive because as soon as they are released from the tunnels, it will not be difficult to flood the hostage free tunnels to drown the Hamas terrorists hiding there.
On the beleaguered Title IX front Riley Gaines continues to stand tall as a Horatio at the bridge against the horde of transgenders born male who in order to win want to compete as women. A mediocre men’s swimmer at best announced he was now a she in the 2 day Cougar Splash Invitational swim meet of 6 schools in the Dallas, Pennsylvania area and to no one’s surprise TG Meghan Cortez-Fields won first place and broke a school record in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 57.22. She also came in first place in the 200-yard individual medley and earned second place in the 200-yard butterfly. Her school touted her record on Instagram until Riley Gaines attacked the TG’s competing as a female.
On the fire front, the fire that erupted under the an 1-10 underground storage has closed down an portion of the I-10 in the downtown area with new reports that the damage will not result in the need to replace certain sections such that the highway can be reopened in a 3-5 week time frame despite the holidays and winter rains is now to joy of harassed and stressed out commuters beyond belief is scheduled to be fully reopened on Tuesday.
November 20, 2023 Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Noted Holidays: African Industrialization Day: Created by the United Nations General Assembly in December 1989 to establish November 20, 1990 and each November 20, thereafter as African Industrialization Day to promote awareness for the need to industrialize African and the difficulties to be encountered in achieving that worthwhile goal.
Word of the Day: The word of the day as we continue with words starting with “b” is “bibacious” which means overly fond of drinking.
Song of the Day: The number 1 song on this day in 1942 was “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby with the Ken Darby Singers and John Scott Trotter and His Orchestra on a run of 9 weeks sharing with 8 other songs achieving number 1 ranking. Here is a recording of Bing Crosby with the Ken Darby Singers and John Scott Trotter and his Orchestra performing “White Christmas”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQyy8SpDpTY
November 20 Birthdays: “They All Look Alike to Me”—celebrating or bemoaning depending on your political affiliation the birth of Joe Biden on this day in 1942 in Scranton, Pennsylvania who was sadly disappointed that an 81st birthday brings with it no special mental clarity as he was pardoning two turkeys—Liberty and Bell but then became confused with Beyonce and Taylor Swift and piled on being confused with Swift and Brittany Spears which explains that given his age and worse his impairment young voters are dropping him like a hot potato.
November 20 Historical Events in Rhyme
1. On this day in 2022 Qatar was the 2022 FIFA World Cup Site/The first time the Cup has been played in the continent of the Arabian Nights/The U.S. were eliminated in the knockout round by the Dutch/But when the finals had ended Argentina beat the French 4-2 in penalty kicks to its 3rd World Cup to clutch/Despite the desert heat the stadiums were free of beer/Only those lucky enough to have access to a hospitality tent would chance for a cold draft appear.
2. On this day in 1998 in a court in Afghanistan controlled by the Taliban/Despite clear evidence of his having blood on this hands/Osama bin Laden was found to be a man without sin/For the American Embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania that killed 224 including 12 Americans that sent 900 FBI agents overseas to show that terrorism would not win/Over 20 terrorists in the bombings have been convicted and 7 for life will rot in their cells/and Obama’s corpse became fish food with bones scattered by underwater swells.
3. On this day in 1993, in response to Senator Alan Cranston’s and other members of the “Keating 5”/Assistance in keeping fed financial regulators at bay so Lincoln Savings might survive/The Senate Ethics gave Senator Cranston a stern “censure”/While thousands of Lincoln Savings depositors were pressured to exchange their certificates of deposits for federally uninsured high interest rate debentures/Many with life savings turned into worthless paper scraps/While Cranston was only censured, Keating served 4 ½ years of a 10 year sentence for his fraud rap/And taxpayers were out over $3 billion from the Lincoln Savings B/K/Leaving us to wonder could that have been avoided if the Keating 5 had not gotten in the regulators’ way.
4. On this day in 1985 Windows 1.0 was released by Microsoft/The first operating PC system with graphical interface that was the beginning of Allen’s and Gates’ wealth into the billions to loft/He is the best example that in the game of life one wants to win/Dropping out from Harvard after 3 semesters with a 2.2 GPA, one does not have to have a sheepskin.
5. On this day in 1969/as more and more Americans’ support for the Vietnam War was falling behind/The Cleveland Plain Dealer published photos showing the results of one of America’s worst war crimes/At the villages of Mỹ Lai and Mỹ Khe 547 South Vietnamese civilian men, women and children were killed for being at the wrong place and the wrong time/The stain on our troops with the release of the photos would get worse/The massacres occurred on March 16, 1968 but concealed for some 19 months from the public’s why are we in South Vietnam debate/Raises the question of whether LBJ the facts of the slaughter knew/When 14 days after the slaughter intoned to the American public his reelection campaign was through:
"There was no reaction on the guy doing the shooting. That's the part that really got me - this little girl pleading and they were just cut down.
There were no Viet Cong. They were just poor, innocent illiterate peasants.”
November 20, 2023 Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Poems on Events of the Day
Unique Commissioned Poems for Special Events