Hamas Israel War, after weeks of airstrikes and artillery, Israel is now in
Gaza fighting on the ground and has just paid its first installment on what
Netanyahu has warned may be a long hard war to eradicate Hamas, announcing its
first 4 casualties-2 dead and 2 wounded, later in the day increased by 9 killed
by an anti-tank round hitting their position. HRC should be applauded for
attacking those calling for a ceasefire as not knowing the sworn goals of Hamas
to destroy Israel and all the Jews within its lands.
On the Hamas Israel War anti semitism in the U.S. is growing and reaching epic levels flamed by the likes of Tlaib who continues to spread the “war crime” lie that IDF bombed the Gaza hospital when a failed terrorist rocket hit the parking lot. If you are a Jewish student on an American campus especially on the elite ones, you are living with a lot more fear. Since the 10/7 attack there have been some 300 antisemitic incidents in a nation were Jews constitute 2.4% of the population but 60% of the religious based hate crimes.
On the weather front in Italy a massive rain storm caused severe flooding in Milan, prompting popular tourist site Lake Como to overflow its banks.
On the sports front in Game 4 of the World Series, the Rangers beat the Diamondbacks 11-7 as a 9th inning rally of the Diamondbacks fell short and the Rangers are now one win away from winning the World Series. On the FIFA 1934 World Cup, Australia dropped out of consideration and Saudi Arabia won the bid which is not good news for the hospitality tents serving alcohol to favored guests.
On the gun control front, disturbing details have emerged over Robert Card’s mental state and behavior such as being banned from the shooting range and live fire exercises due to his erratic behavior and sent to an Army hospital for evaluation with officers making attempts to check on him. Maine unfortunately does not prohibit ownership of a firearm based soled on mental illness or treatment which should cause the focus of the gun control to be not on the gun but rather on the person who would be pulling the trigger.
On the 2024 Election Front, Dalia al-Aqidi, a Republican Muslim immigrant is running to replace Ilhan Omar whom she calls the most antisemitic legislator in Congress, blasting her for her support of “From the river to the sea” which is a code phrase for terrorists like Amas calling for genocide. If she wins the primary Reds in Omar’s district should really hope the RNC pours money in to unseat Omar. The silver lining in the Hamas Israeli War is that it has exposed the antisemitism of the Squad.
On the education front in what should not come as a surprise due to the failure of public education in urban areas and the rise of CRT finding its way into the curriculum, Home Schooling is fastest form of education, growing 71%, as public school enrollment has dropped 4% and private school enrollment has increased 7%.
On the crime front, Sam Bankman-Fried who had no choice but to take the stand after damming testimony of many of those officers who worked for him denied any knowledge that customer accounts were being dipped into benefit the company.
October 31, 2023 Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Noted Holidays: Although the 600 pound holiday gorilla in the room is Halloween, today is also World Savings Day which has been celebrated on this day since this day in 1924 after being created the 1st International Savings Bank Congress in Milan, Italy by Italian Professor Filippo Ravizza. The idea of saving for retirement is a great one although today very difficult given the inflation we have been suffering since Biden took office.
Word of the Day: The word of the day as we continue with words starting with “b” is “belcher” which in this case not someone whose stomach makes a loud noise emitting gas but rather a colored or spotted neckerchief.
Song of the Day: The number 1 song on this day in 1948 was “Twelfth Street Rag” by Pee Wee Hunt and His Orchestra and on a run of 2 weeks to share number 1 status with 8 other songs achieving number 1 ranking. Here is a recording with lyrics of Pee Wee Hunt and His Orchestra performing “Twelfth Street Rag”:
October 31 Birthdays: “Tough Being a Triple Threat on Steroids” Celebrating the birthday of John Candy born on this day in 1950 in Toronto, Canada whose dream of being a professional football player ended with a high school knee injury that drove him into acting which he excelled to star in 42 movies, many of which are comedy classics like Cool Running, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, and Stripes and partially fulfilled his dream of being a professional football player by becoming a part owner of the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL. But from a health standpoint he was saddled with a life style of numerous threats on steroids-obesity, heavy tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse, and a genetic predisposition for cardiac arrests to die of a heart attack in his sleep on March 4, 1994.
October 31 Historical Events in Rhyme
1. On this day in 2017 Sayfullo Habibullaevic Saipov, a winner of the Diversity Lottery Program drove his rented truck on to a Manhattan bike path/For a mile run as very soon 20 bikers would feel his jihadist wrath/Unable to exit the path to the truck escape/8 were killed and 12 injured for taking a scenic bike ride along the Hudson as their fate/Saipov was convicted and sentenced to 8 consecutive life terms without parole and 2 concurrent plus 260 years/Rotting away in a SuperMax in Florence, Colorado never again outside of prison as a free man to appear.
2. On this day in 2011, the Earth became a more crowded space/7 billion and counting on this planet members of the human race/When will the parameters of space and resources finally come to an end/Leaving us with only an option to start to humans to Mars send?
3. On this day in 2002 a grand jury indicted the off balance sheet financing master/Andrew Fastow of 78 counts of wire fraud, money laundering conspiracy and obstruction of justice in conjunction with the Enron disaster/Fastow was no fool/Quickly became the for prosecutors going after other Enron Executives a helpful tool/Prosecutors lobbied for reduced seduced sentence of six years/Before he had served all the time into a federal halfway house he appeared.
4. On this day in 2000 Soyus TM-31 was successfully launched with the first International Space Station Crew/And when it came time to depart another spaceship would the replacements be bringing it to/Including today in the ISSS a full crew is on display/Amazing that quarrel between nations on Earth never in needed cooperation and harmony on ISSS gets in the way.
5. On this day in 1973 in a prison near Dublin known as Mount Joy/The leaders of the Provisional IRA were jumping for joy/A stolen helicopter landed in the exercise yard/3 inmates jumped in before the slow to react prison guards/Could shoot it down/Miles outside the prison it landed on the ground/Escapees to safe houses where whisked away/Despite a 20,000 man manhunt capturing them took many, many months and days
Song by the Wolf Tones on the Mountjoy Prison Escape with lyrics that reached number 1 on the charts in Ireland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge6SxKPK0s8
Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Poems on Events of the Day
Unique Commissioned Poems for Special Events