On the “Go
Woke Go Broke” Front Disney’s iconic brands are in a losing value crisis as
Disney’s movies and parks seem to have ventured into the political woke world
big time as its recent SEC filling alludes to: “we face risks relating to
misalignment with public and consumer tastes and preferences for entertainment,
travel and consumer products.” Evidently not stated but should become blatantly
apparent that admission to a Disney park for a family out is more like having
to take out a mortgage rather than enjoying a family friendly outing.
On Biden’s gaffe front it would appear the proclivity to gaffes has transcended Biden’s failing cognitive state to members of his cabinet as the Peter Principle Poster Child Education Secretary Miguel Cardona touted at the Western Governors Association Boondoggle at Jackson Hole, “As, I think it was President Reagan said, ‘We’re from the government. We're here to help.’” What Reagan said was,“ The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.” The quote was to highlight the inherent inefficiency in government that creates more problems than it solves.
On the growing antisemitism font, the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers Local 59 facing intense backlash for its resolution calling for a repeal of anti-Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions legislation on the grounds it interferes with the free speech rights of Palestinian parent and is holding a closed member meeting on how the perceived are threatening Jewish families and students.
On the destruction of faith in our military due in part to its woke mandates, it what is really outrageous news if there is any shred of human trafficking in federal schools run by the military, in sting operation operated in Georgia by the Coweta County Sheriff’s Department, arrests of 26 people, including Stephen Hovanic, former chief of staff for the Americas education who was arrested for soliciting sex.
On the Grinch Front Joe Biden and Jill Biden win the prize for being the biggest Grinches after denying the existence of a 7th Grandchild being forced to admit it but instead of adding a 7th stocking which would be the right thing to do, Scrooge Jill had all the grandchildren’s stocking removed, so they would not have to face their self-induced embarrassment of having to welcome her to the White House—what a pair of small minded creeps.
November 27, 2023 Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Noted Holidays: Cyber Monday: Created by Ellen Davis of the National Retail Federation while working with Scott Silberman and others at Shop.Org after looking at data showing growing online sales on the Monday after Thanksgiving created the day first celebrated on the Monday after Thanksgiving in 2005 and is now the day on which the largest amount of online sales occur which should come as no surprise after being bruised and battered on Black Friday and lured into couch mode with the traces of tryptophan and the plethora of college and pro football what better way to go gift shopping than to use your fingers on the keyboards to go shopping without leaving the comfort of one’s house, assuming your credit cards are not near the max out mode.
Word of the Day: The word of the day as we continue with words starting with “b” is “blackmaster” which means an undertaker.
Song of the Day: Leaving the number 1 songs on this day in 1940’s to come back to the number song in 2020 in the U.S.A. was “Mood” by 24KGoldn feat Iann Dior on a run of 6 weeks noncontinuous to share number 1 status with 19 other songs, while 25 acts reached number one status while 13, including 24KGoldn and Inna Dior had their 1st number 1 single. Here is a recording with lyrics of 24KGoldn feat Inna Dior performing “Mood with lyrics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrAchTdepsU
November 27 Birthdays: “The game's in the refrigerator, the door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard and the Jello’s jiggling.” celebrating the birth on this day in 1916 in Buda, Illinois of Francis Dayle "Chick" Hearn who became the “Voice of the Lakers” who called 3338 Laker games and who sadly fell and hit his head at his Encino home on August 2, 2005, causing serious injury that killed on August 5, 2002 at age 85.
November 27 Historical Events in Rhyme
1. On this day in 2020, Iran’s top scientist involved in the development of an atomic bomb for Iran/Was assassinated by a team of assassins believed to be from Mossad as he was returning to Tehran/His 3 armored car convoy failed to the assassination deter/The proof will be in the pudding to see if his death will a long delay in becoming a nuke power insure.
2. On this day in 2009 once again/the threat of Jihadist attacks is never a question of if/But rather a question of knowing when/On a Nevsky Express high speed train between St. Petersburg and Moscow an explosion would it off the tracks lift/96 would be injured/and 28 would die/By a second bomb to try to the investigators’ death or injuries insure/Exploded by remote control but further deaths and injuries denied/
3. On this day in 1989 in Columbia we learned/An Avianca bird during a drug cartel war if targeted would crash and burn/Avianca Flight 203 with a bomb aboard planted by the Medellin Cartel on orders from Pablo Escobar/Who thought Presidential Candidate César Gaviria Trujillo would be aboard and would plummet to his death like a flaming star/He was not and worse for the Medellin Cartel he would go on to win/2 years later Escobar would turn himself in/In a plea deal he agreed to 5 years/But with no extradition and in a private cell to be constructed by him where all of luxuries would appear/Later in 1992 when authorities wanted to transfer him from the Life of Riley to a standard prison cell/ He escaped not wanting to endure confinement in a setting beneath the status of the head of the Medellin Cartel/ He went into hiding as his cartel collapsed/Discovered and a day after his birthday after a shootout, the Columbian Army National Band was playing “Taps”.
4. On this day in 1978 SFO Mayor Moscone and openly gay supervisor Harvey Milk was shot and killed by Supervisor Dan White/Who dodged a first degree murder conviction with the “Twinkie Defense” that diminished his capacity to know wrong from right/Convicted of manslaughter to serve 5 of 7 sentenced years/The murders launched Diane Feinstein’s mayoral then long term U.S. Senate career/ After serving a year of parole in L.A,/He returned to SFO to on October 21, 1985 in his garage allow carbon monoxide to him slay.
5. On this day in 1968, 5’3” Penny Early broke in the world of athletics the 1st class ceiling/To have the sports world reeling/She became the first female jockey to be licensed as a parimutuel jockey but when she tried to race/All the male jockeys at Churchill Downs boycotted her three races to merit only disgrace/Horse racing is not a question of strength but of weight, reflexes and with one’s mount being able to bond and anticipate/No wonder the male jockeys must have felt threatened and refused to in their economic suicide participate/The second glass ceiling was more of a joke akin the Bill Veeck’s having 3’7” midget Eddie Gaedel lead off to be walked on 4 pitches and by a pinch runner replaced/Early was signed to a short term contract by the Kentucky Colonels of the American Basketball Association to in a game against the Los Angeles Stars to inbound the ball to a player who called time out as she was subbed out to gain a glass ceiling breaking place. Frustrated over maintaining her weight she became a trainer in 1974 but trying for a comeback as a jockey she suffered several injuries and maybe frustrated that she was too early for the equine sport she adored, committed suicide this year on June 23, at age 80.
Quotes on the shootings of Mayor Moscone and Supervisor Milk by Diane Feinstein that several weeks earlier had indicated she would not run for reelection on the SFO Board of Supervisors: “As president of the Board of Supervisors, it’s my duty to make this announcement: Both Mayor Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk have been shot and killed. Look, I couldn’t sit in George Moscone’s chair for seven years, and some of it, I think, is that I became mayor as a product of assassination. I had run, and I had not won, and that was a very difficult thing for me to reconcile in my own mind.”
“I still believe that if I could have been there for that three weeks, I could have stopped it,” Feinstein said, her eyes reddening. “Now, who knows? Who knows? ”
© November 27; 2023 Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Poems on Events of the Day
Unique Commissioned Poems for Special Events