The Oceangate Titan
may have been destroyed but already the media is being castigated for attention
on the event while a ship carrying 750 migrants off the coast of Greece has
sunk with few picked up out of the water and reports are swirling that the Titan
was not safe and Oceangate’ s CEO Stockton Rush failed to disclose that
fact. In the Ukraine War it looks like Putin is now engaged in a two front
against the Ukrainians to the West who have commenced their counter offensive
to regain lost territory and behind the Russian front lines the Russian
Mercenary Forces called the Wagner Group who are outraged that their
headquarters have been attacked by drones and their soldiers led to being
slaughtered. On the Earth wears a bullseye front, Asteroid 2023MU2 13-29 feet
in diameter discovered just last week will pass within 134,000 miles of Earth
this Sunday. More and more it looks like the FBI and DOJ “investigation” of
Hunter Biden is a sham as the DOJ allegedly warned the FBI not to interview any
of the Biden Grandchildren who were indirect recipients of some of the $5.1 million
wired from China in response to Hunter’s Joe Biden will make your life
miserable threats. Billionaire Jay Bloom must be thanking his guardian angel
who whispered in his ear that going on the Titan that imploded on the
way down “a lack of safety you should fear” to cause him along with his son’s
concerns to ignore Rush’s claim the ship was safer that a helicopter as he
offered a $100,000 discount only to have the trip offer turned down. On the
growing Hunter Biden scandal that looks like more and more each day it will
drag in the “Big Guy” it looks like the White House Press Corp is starting to
ape journalists and refusing to accept the evasive platitudes of Karine
June 23, 2023 Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Noted Holidays: National Detroit Style Pizza Day: Celebrating this type of Pizza crated by Buddy’s Pizza in Detroit in 1946 which is baked in a steel rectangular deep dish pan with a thick, chewy, and crisp crust with pepperoni placed on the dough in the pan and crumbled Wisconsin brick cheese topped all the way to the pay edges, topped off by tomato sauce in the shape of three racing stripes and slice in squares or rectangles. In honor of this local pizza Detroit Mayor David Bing and the Detroit City Council declared June 23rd as Buddy’s Pizza Day and as the pizza started to move beyond the environs of Detroit it was renamed National Detroit Pizza Day and on this day in Detroit proceeds from the sale of such pizzas are donated to feed the needy.
Word of the Day: the word of the day is “aprique” which means sunny which is what we can expect in Southern California after our May Gray and our June Gloom as we leave the Summer Solstice behind and enter the month of July.
Song of the Day: The number 1 song on this day in 1954 was “Little Things Mean a Lot” by Kitty Kallen on a run of 9 weeks to share with 10 other songs achieving number 1 ranking. Here is a recording of Kitty Kallen performing: “Little Things Mean a Lot”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7SzKv2uLU
June 23 Birthdays: “Celebrating a High Tech Lynching” Clarence Thomas, born on this day in 1948 in Pin Point, Georgia to be raised by a single mom after his father divorced while he was very young and after college attend and graduate from Yale Law School and is now the oldest serving SCOTUS Justice with a very Constitutional Conservative viewpoint despised by the left.
June 23 Historical Events In Rhyme
1. On this day in 2018 12 members of a Thai soccer team and its assistant coach were trapped in a flooded underwater cave; the world responded with a worldwide effort of first responders and volunteer cave divers to try to them save/racing against the clock/where coming monsoon rains would the entrance block/ Each boy was heavily sedated in a wetsuit with scuba gear and tethered to a diver and over 4 days/All and the assistant coach were removed to again soccer play/Being Good Sams no matter how noble does not come without cost/1 diver who volunteered ran out of air and died and another later from a blood infection from the cave for two Good Sams lost.
2. On this day in 2016 voters in the United Kingdom voted 52-48% to the European Union leave/Tired of loss of borders and sovereignty being an EU member had achieved/Proving that democracies are to be by the people ruled/Not a bunch of unelected distant bureaucrats who at their regulatory altar disdain the voters as fools.
3. On this day in 1972 to joy and relief of women and girls Title IX of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was amended to prohibit discrimination based on sex in any educational institution that federal funds received/Which resulted in an explosion of women’s and girls’ sports in terms of coverage, participation and the increases in the number of fans achieved/Ironic that the gains women fought for in sports for so long/Are under attack by a misguided pro transgender Biden Administration and transgenders competing and winning against women where they do not belong.
4. On this day in 1972 in a nail in the coffin event; Nixon and his adviser Haldeman were caught on tape on using the CIA to the investigation by the FBI of Watergate prevent/Nixon’s chances of forestalling impeachment and conviction of obstruction of justice were forever lost/A lesson learned by a young lawyer on the Senate Watergate Subcommittee, Hillary Clinton, who years later would wipe clean her server and have all Blackberries destroyed and the pieces tossed.
5. On this day in 1942 in a “Wrong Way Corrigan” moment Oberleutnant Armin Faber after shooting down over the skies of Britain a Spitfire/ Later landed on an airfield looking forward to a victory toast before he retired/Rude awakening when after taxiing and shutting his FW 190 down/Looking at a flare gun pointed at his face as he had landed at RAF Pembrey airfield grounds.
Famous Quotes on Transgenders Participating in Women’s Sports:
Megan Rapinoe, noted U.S. National Women’s Soccer Team Star: “I’m 100% supportive of trans inclusion. People do not know very much about it. We’re missing almost everything. Frankly, I think what a lot of people know is versions of the right’s talking points because they’re very loud. They’re very consistent, and they’re relentless. Show me the evidence that trans women are taking everyone’s scholarships, are dominating in every sport, are winning every title. I’m sorry, it’s just not happening. So we need to start from inclusion, period. And as things arise, I have confidence that we can figure it out. But we can’t start at the opposite. That is cruel. And frankly, it’s just disgusting.”
Samantha Ponder, noted ESPN Sports Reporter: “This [Biden’s proposed Title IX Amendment on transgender participation in women’s sports] would take away so many opportunities for biological women and girls in sports. It is a shame that we are needing to fight for the integrity of Title IX in 2023 and the reason it was needed in the first place.”
Portion of Letter Signed by Riley Gaines and 99 Other Women Athletes Protesting Biden’s Proposed Title IX Amendment on Transgender Inclusion in Women’s Sports: “It is well known that male athletes dominate in sports where strength, size, or speed are relevant factors. That is because, physiologically, the average male is stronger, bigger, and faster than the average female.
Forcing female athletes to compete against males is not only unfair, it’s discriminatory. Allowing biological males to take awards, roster spots, scholarships, or educational opportunities away from female athletes violates Title IX’s prohibition of discrimination “on the basis of sex.”