wish that your Hump Day is proving to be a great day. As always, I hope you enjoy the holidays and observances albeit somewhat meager today, factoids of interest, music videos of the Sound of Philadelphia and a relevant and quote by Evo Morales having enjoyed a handful of jelly beans, blessed with a positive attitude even though you know you will have to wade through tons of spam in your inbox, and secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable event like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Earth Day—commemorating and honoring our only home which we must try to protect or fade away as a species.
2. Administrative Professionals Day—celebrating the workers that keep the white collar work force on even keel. I you are fortunate enough to have an administrative assistant, this would be a great day to take that person out to lunch.
3. 1974 Number One Song—celebrating the number one song in 1974 on a two week run The Sound of Philadelphia by MSFB a great pool of studio singers out of the Philadelphia area. Here is a link to the music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ligIq6o0rUU
4. National Jelly Bean Day—celebrating a great candy and one of Ronald Reagan’s great weaknesses.
5. Trinity Day—celebrating or commiserating the birthday on this day in 1904 of the man who led the U.S. effort to bring the nuclear genie out of the bottle, Robert Oppenheimer, who like so many smokers died far too early.
On this day in
a. 1884 the United States Congress mandated that all coins in the United States be imprinted with “In God We Trust.”
b. 1970 the first Earth Day was celebrated.
c. 1977 optical fiber was first used to carry telephonic transmissions.
d. 1993 version 1.0 of the Mosaic web browser was released.
e. 2008 the U.S. Air Force retired the F 117 the stealth fighter from service.
Reflections on Earth Day: “Sooner or later, we will have to recognize that the Earth has rights, too, to live without pollution. What mankind must know is that human beings cannot live without Mother Earth, but the planet can live without humans.” -- Evo Morales, left wing president of Bolivia
Please enjoy the 140 character poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and join 155 growing followers and please follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day In History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance. Go to Rhymes On The Newsworthy Times for comments on important and breaking news events that should be of interest. www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com Ridley's Believe It Or Not Rhymes On The Newsworthy Times © April 22, 2015 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
Rhymes for All the Memorable Times
The Perfect gift, All Recipients to Receive a Lasting lift