crime front in Lewiston, Maine Robert Card’s vehicle and his car phone have
been recovered along with a revelation that he had a small arsenal in his home
as the massive search goes on for someone believed to be mentally ill. The
manhunt has come to an end as his body has been found to the relief of
residents being advised to shelter in place by police.
On the Hamas Israel War front, a massive increase in tank artillery bombardment and air strikes likewise increasing as the IDF appears to be conducting another incursion into Gaza as the internet and cell towers in Gaza have been shut down making it very difficult for Hamas to communicate with its units.
On the Hamas Israel War humanitarian crisis front, the United Nation’s General Assembly has overwhelmingly voted for a ceasefire to enable humanitarian supplies, such as food, water, medicine, and fuel which the Israelis know will be used to power the generators needed to make the tunnels livable. On another humanitarian crisis front, the IDF alleging the largest hospital in Gaza—the al-Shifa Medical Complex has military facilities underneath it and therefore is a valid military target which if as Hamas claims is not the case should open up the tunnels for international inspection.
On the Hamas Israel War protest front college campuses across the nation are enduring pro-Palestinian anti-Israel rallies which have turned violent with more and more Jewish students fearing for their safety.
On the illegal alien invasion front, Texas has finally had enough as bills will soon be passed to grant Texas authorities the right to arrest and deport illegals, something that the federal government has refused to do under Biden. Do not be surprised if the DOJ and groups like the ACLU oblivious to the damage being done to our cities and towns by the tidal wave of illegal immigration coupled with the deadly consequences of deadly illegal drugs coming across our borders file actions to enjoin the Texas’ proposed acts(The poll numbers in New York indicating the growing concern over illegal aliens and dissatisfaction over its handling by public officials should result in a real Blue wave even if weakened by Trump being on the ballot).
On the political censorship front, noted Democratic strategist James Carville, the Ragin’ Cajun who has been rightfully worried about Biden’ old age and low polling numbers has been advised by top Blues to cease expressing his concerns
Chicago like many cities overwhelmed with illegals, sleeping in O’Hare, parks and sidewalks is proposing an illegal alien encampment in the Brighton Park neighborhood only to be met by a firestorm NIMBY outrage.
On the sports front, President Bush threw out the first ball in the first game of the World Series between the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Texas Rangers which befitting his former owner ship status was won Texas 6-5 in the 11th inning.
October 27, 2023 Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Noted Holidays: Civics Day, founded by Long Island University Roosevelt School and The Society of Presidential Descendants on October27, 2021 and observed on that day thereafter to promote civics education and chosen for this day as it is the anniversary of Alexander Hamilton’s The Federalist Papers first published on this day in 1787.
Word of the Day: The word of the day as we continue with words starting with “b” is “bedswerver” which means an unfaithful spouse.
Song of the Day: The number 1 song on this day in 1952 was “I Went to Your Wedding” by Pattie Paige with the Orchestra conducted by Jack Rael on a run of 5 weeks to share number 1 status with 11 other songs achieving number 1 ranking. Here is a recording with lyrics of Patti Paige with Orchestra conducted by Jack Rael performing “I Went to Your Wedding”: .
October 27 Birthdays: “The Addiction of Computer Hacking”: Celebrating or bemoaning depending on your ethical values the birth on this day in 1982 in Middlesex, Massachusetts to move on to computer hacking at an early stage to bring down point of sale websites to have his house raided by the FBI. Ultimately charged with 7 felony counts of unauthorized access to a computer by an adult, to plead guity and be sentenced 12 months in prison with 3 suspended and ordered to pay a fine of $15,000. Upon release with the idea that a hacker would be the best defense against hacking he started a to address hardware and software issues but died of a drug overdose on April 13, 2013 in Berkeley.
October 27 Historical Events in Rhyme
1. On this day in 2019 the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant founder and Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi detonated his suicide vest/As U.S. was closing in on him to make an arrest/The world shed no tears, only wept for joy/Save for the fact his 3 small children were snuffed out of their lives to enjoy.
2. On this day in 2018 in Pittsburgh during Shabattea1979 South Korean President Park Chung Hee, after taking over the government in a military coup in 1961 and elected as President in 1963/To result in economic growth known as the “Miracle of the Han River/To for South Korea rapid increases in wealth and the stand of living deliver/but with growing dictatorial powers/Causing South Koreans from the early morning knock at the door cower/was assassinated by Kim Jae-gyu, the South Korean CIA head/Another example that fear of oppression trumps monetarily in life getting ahead.
3. On day in 1958 the Earth became a smaller place/When Pan Am’s first 707 flight from NYC to Paris signaled the beginning of jet planes to piston ones replace/In business where time is money and for vacations where time in the air reduces the vacation days/To travel long distances by flying jets were the only way.
4. On this day during the Hungarian Revolution in 1956 in the towns of Mosonmagyaróvár and Esztergom civilians were killed by the Hungarian secret police/While rebels held strongholds in Budapest and revolt against Soviet rule was on the increase/But Molotov Cocktails and few rifles against tanks and the well-armed Soviets had little chance/As the Soviets would not allow in Eastern Europe democratic rule to advance/In 12 short days it was over and 250,000 Hungarians to the West fled/Leaving behind 13,000 Hungarians wounded and some 6,000 dead
5. On this day in 1955 after all Allied troops had Left Austria’s lands/And to avoid military alliances that would escalate military conflicts quickly out of hand/ The Declaration of Neutrality signed to military alliances to be signed never/A word in diplomacy seems absurd but for 68 years to a military ally Austria has not been tethered.
Elvis Presley’s song “(There’ll Be) Peace in the Valley (For Me dedicated to the Hungarian Revolution which was quickly banned by the Soviets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TUFoHrqI0Q
October 27,2023 Michael P. Ridley aka The Alaskanpoet
Poems on Events of the Day
Unique Commissioned Poems for Special Events