Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For September 25, 2017 When more than ever the Reds need Trump to be engaged on the repeal and replacement of the ACA, he is MIA on a twitter war with the NFL (disgrace, total disgrace); little rocket man from North Korea states the U.S. has declared war on it and it has the right to shoot down American planes even in international waters as the rhetoric war gets worse every day (if we know where Rocket Man is on a daily basis and where his nuclear and ICBM program is why not do a preemptive nuclear strike those facilities and a massive Tomahawk strike on him, his family and his military leadership?); that noted pervert Anthony Weiner has just be sentenced to 21 months in jail for sextexting a minor; as the bill to repeal and replace Obamacare looks like it is head for certain defeat due to Schumer’s lackeys goosestepting for party over nation sadly aided by RINOs like Collins, Cruz, Makowski, McCain, and Paul, some Reds are calling for McCain’s recall—fighting brain cancer should be his priority and spending his remaining time on Earth with his family and friends; NFL players who want to not stand is part of their 1st Amendment rights just as fans can exercise their 1st Wallet rights and boycott games and watching them on TV through September 24, 2017 in Chicago the number of people being shot climbed to 2805 and the death toll standing at 480 while the city seems to not be doing anything to prevent the killing and maiming of its minority residents—a real definition of racism which is deadly.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to the Box Tops, factoids of interest for this day in history, a relevant quote by Tommy John on his surgery, happy your faults are not kenspeckle and secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. International Ataxia Awareness Day—created to promote research on the causes and cures for ataxia which affects a person’s balance and coordination.
2. National Lobster Day—Senator Collins may be a traitor to the Reds, a RIN) but had the foresight in 2014 to co-sponsor legislation naming today as National Lobster Day to promote Maine lobsters.
3. 1967 Number One Song— the number one song in 1967 on a run of 4 weeks in that position was “The Letter” by the Box Tops. Here is a performance of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQaUs5J2wdI .
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “kenspeckle” which describes something that is easily recognizable like the partisan gridlock which plagues us all in the Swamp.
5. As I Lay Dying from Riding--celebrating the birth on this day in 1897 of noted American Nobel Prize winning author William Faulkner who sadly for his fans was thrown from a horse for a second time, developed thrombosis and died at the age of 65.
On this day in:
a. 1789 the U.S. Congress passed the Bill of Rights to be sent to the states for ratification after being signed by the president.
b. 1906 Leonardo Quevedo guided his boat the Telekino from the shore, representing the first use of remote control.
c. 1912 The Columbia Graduate School of Journalism was established in New York City.
d. 1942 Switzerland closed its borders to Jews seeking relief from the Holocaust.
e. 1974 the first ulnar collateral ligament replacement surgery was performed on Dodger pitcher Tommy John who after surgery and a lengthy recovery went on to win 164 more games.
Reflections on his operation that saved his career:” When they operated, I told them to put in a Koufax fastball. They did-but it was Mrs. Koufax's.” Tommy John Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
Post a Comment