Ridley's Believe It Or Not—September 18. 2014: Trust your Thursday is proving to be a good one and that you enjoy the holidays and factoids and quote from Brian Wilson (not of Beach Boys fame) with a smile on your sunscreened face, with an In-N-Out cheeseburger in front of you, blessed with a positive attitude, and secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for a memorable event, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem tailored to the event and the recipient.
1. World Water Monitoring Day—observed since 2003 to promote awareness of the need to preserve the quality of our water resources.
2. Chiropractic Founder’s Day---commemorating the founding of chiropractics in 1895 by Daniel David Palmer to the relief of bad backs and stiff necks everywhere.
3. Live Strong Day—commemorating the birthday on this day in 1972 of Lance Armstrong won 7 Tour de France titles, due in large part to his use of performance enhancing drugs but to his credit raised millions for cancer research through the sale of his Live Strong bracelets.
4. National Cheeseburger Day—perfect day to visit In-N-Out Burger to enjoy one of their famous double cheeseburgers.
5. National HIV/AIDS And Aging Awareness Day—creating awareness of the need to prevent conduct that exposes one to AIDS and creating awareness of the impact of the disease on the aging population.
On this day in
a. 1793 George Washington laid the first cornerstone for the Capitol.
b. 1837 to the bane of future husbands, Tiffany and Company was opened in NYC as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium.”
c. 1927 the Columbia Broadcasting System went on the air with a broadcast of music played by Howard Barlow’s Orchestra that was heard on 16 radio stations.
d. 2014 the citizens of Scotland are voting to determine whether they will remain in the United Kingdom or become independent. http://alaskanpoet.blogspot.com/2014/09/scotland-votes-on-independence-freedom.html
Reflections on the Scotland Referendum on the issue of Independence: "After a Yes vote there will be two groups of people very disappointed. Those who voted No, and those who voted Yes for all the various groundless barmpot reasons that they think are somehow going to be cured by independence." - former U.K. Energy Minister Brian Wilson
Please enjoy the 140 character poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and join almost 150 growing followers and please follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs--click on links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day In History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance. Go to Rhymes On The Newsworthy Times for comments on important and breaking news events that should be of interest.
© September 18, 2014 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
Rhymes on the Memorable Times
The Perfect Gift, All Spirits to Receive the Perfect Lift
Post a Comment