Ridley's Believe It Or Not—September 7, 2014: Trust your Sunday is proving to be a good one and that you enjoy the really dubious holidays selected along with the factoids and quote from Jim McKay with a smile on your sunscreened face, a positive attitude and a bowl of coffee ice cream at your finger tips, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for a memorable event, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem tailored to the event and the recipient.
1. National Grandparents Day-- honoring those great spoilers of grandchildren and trusted babysitters--grandparents.
2. Grandma Moses Day—celebrating the birthday on this day in 1860 and accomplishments of Anna Moses who started painting at the ripe young age of 76 and created over 1,000 paintings, at least 25 of which were painted after her 100th birthday, living proof until her death at 101 that you are never too old to try something new.
3. Google Commemoration Day—celebrating the creation of Google in 1996—hard to imagine a world without Google today.
4. Salami Day-–celebrating a great snack and pizza topping.
5. National Acorn Squash Day—celebrating one of America’s homegrown treats.
On this day in
a. 1963 the Pro Football Hall of Fame opened in Canton, Ohio.
b. 1986 Desmond Tutu became the first African to heat the Anglican Church in South Africa.
c. 2008 the U.S. seized the two largest mortgage financing corporations, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Reflections on Google: The kind of environment that we developed Google in, the reason that we were able to develop a search engine, the web was so open. Once you get too many rules, that will stifle innovation.” Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google
Please enjoy the 140 character poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and join almost 150 growing followers and please follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs--click on links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day In History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance. Go to Rhymes On The Newsworthy Times for comments on important and breaking news events that should be of interest.
© September 7, 2014 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
Rhymes on the Memorable Times
The Perfect Gift, All Spirits to Receive the Perfect Lift