Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For September 17, 2019 Joe Biden’s video history of gaffes and miscues is finally catching up with him as the Trump campaign released a damning montage of clips which given Joe’s age and two cranial aneurisms have to raise doubts of his mental fitness for the office (the coup de grace would be uncovering the black gangster Corn Pop and having him recount the stare down with Joe holding a chain); on the Kavanaugh smear front the Blues, despite statements from the alleged victim that she does not know anything about the incident, are falling over each other screaming impeachment to the point that even far left commentators like Joe Scarborough are slamming impeachment ring leaders like the illegal alien supporter queen Kamala Harris (good for Joe finally some sense of sanity from him); the Squad miffed that it is not in the news cycle over the discredited story in The New York Times that the alleged victim cannot recall will have Pressley introduce a resolution calling for his impeachment (so much for the limitation of treason, high crimes and misdemeanors); on the 2nd Amendment front which Blues like Bozo O’Rourke want to cripple, a homeowner in Conyers, Georgia shot and killed three masked home invasion robbers before sheriff’s deputies could arrive; on the DUI stupidity front, a woman in Pennsylvania was arrested for DUI after driving her car, parking it close to the police station and then walking to the police station to pick up her boyfriend who had been arrested for DUI and then arrested herself for DUI when she showed signs of being intoxicated (no Uber or Lyft where she lived?); never let it be said that Trump is not afraid to reach out as he will appear today in Northern California on a fund raiser where people are paying up to $100,000 to meet with him to Pelosi’s chagrin; word is that Iran’s supreme leader will not meet with Trump or his Administration while at the UN despite the concern being raised over Iran’s possible involvement in the drone attacks on Saudi production facilities; in a glaring example of politization of the federal judiciary a retire federal immigration judge Carmene “Zsa Zsa De Paolo has been fined $1,000 and disbarred for 36 months from any service on the federal judiciary for promoting Hillary Clinton’s immigration plans at a 2016 deportation hearing (Hillary still can’t accept her loss in 2016 and is touting a new villain to explain her loss so she can ignore the pathetic nature of her campaign and the disconnect of her ideas with voters’ desires—a SCOTUS decision tossing out certain provisions of the 1965 Voting Rights Act; in Chicago through September 16, 2019, 2015 have been shot of whom 343 have died and in Baltimore with a fraction of Chicago’s population, 245 have been murdered in Baltimore (when will Chicago and Baltimore get serious about this carnage or is this the case of true racism as a Blue run city turns a deaf ear and a blind eye to the slaughter of people of color by people of color and when will the left focus on the problem of color on color shootings in Blue run cities which have been more deadly and more numerous than random mass shootings?
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, factoids of interest for this day in history, musical links to Bing Crosby and Hank Williams, Sr., the fact that you support pontage which would be an area we might end Swamp gridlock on by passing itto do your job, and a relevant quote on the Constitution and the Second Amendment by James Madison, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like Father’s Day, college graduations, birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. National IT Professionals Day--created by SolarWinds, a hybrid information technology provider in 2015 to celebrate on the third Tuesday in September the contribution of IT Professionals to our economy, lifestyle and culture.
2. Constitution and Citizenship Day—commemorating the signing of the U.S. Constitution on this day in 1787 and all those who have become citizens by attaining the age of 18 or by completing the naturalization process.
3. 1937 Number One Song— the number one song in 1937 on this day was “Whispers In The Dark” by Bing Crosby. Here is a recording of the Crooner singing the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVlOG-C8v6M.
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “pontage” which means a toll for using bridges or a tax for repairing bridges which sadly in the U.S. needs desperately to repair our crumbling infrastructure.
5. Losing The Abuse Race—celebrating the birth on this day in 1923 of noted singer and songwriter Hiram Williams better known to his fans as Hank Williams, Sr. whose career was marked by alcohol abuse and ended way too soon at the age of 29 on January 1, 1953 while being driven to a concert where he was supposed to perform from a heart attack caused by his alcohol abuse but not before in his short career he released 35 songs that made the Top 10 List, 17 of which were Number One and 3 of which were released posthumously. Here is “I Am So Lonesome I Could Cry” considered by many to be one of his best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyTOZCfp8OY.
On this day in:
a. 1983 Vanessa Williams became the first African-American Miss America only to have to resign near the end of her reign due to nude pictures of her to be published in an upcoming issue of Penthouse.
b. 1991 the first kernel of Linux 0.01 was released to the public.
c. 2001 the New York Stock Exchange reopened for trading after being closed due to the 9/11 attacks, the longest the markets have been closed in the history of the New York Stock Exchange.
d. 2011 the misguided Occupy Wall Street Movement started in Zuccotti Park, New York City.
e. 2016 two pressure cooker bombs were detonated in Seaside Park, New Jersey and Manhattan, wounding 31 people; they were planted by a naturalized American citizen from Afghanistan radicalized by Al Qaeda jihadism who was caught, tried and convicted and is now rotting in a federal prison under a life sentence without possibility of parole.
Reflections on the Constitution and in particular the 2nd Amendment so despised by the leftist Blues like O’Rourke: “The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.”James Madison
Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© September 17, 2019 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift
Post a Comment