Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For May 11, 2017 The left and mainstream media continue to go absolutely ballistic with outlandish comparisons of the firing of James Comey who should have been axed the day Trump took office for deviating from an investigatory role to that of a prosecutor and creating a new bar of intent which is not in the statutes Hillary clearly violated which would merit prosecution and prison time with the Saturday Night Massacre by Richard Nixon (the problem Trump faces is that if he gets his agenda of tax cuts, repatriation, ACHA, border security and infrastructure the economy will surge and Schumer’s lap dogs and Pelosi’s lap dogs will be swept away in a tidal wave of prosperity which will destroy Schumer’s dream of being Senate Majority Leader and Pelosi’s dream of regaining her lost title of Speaker—nothing like a little greed and party before good of the nation); Trump hosted the Russian Foreign Minister Lavorov and its Ambassador Kislyak at the White House to discuss Syria and Ukraine which also added gasoline to the collusion with the Russians false fires; our ambassador to Qatar tweeted that the partisan acrimony is making her job much more difficult (are you listening Schumer and Pelosi?); in a sign that the U.S. is getting serious about North Korea, the CIA has opened its 11th Mission Center targeting not a region which is usually the case but one country, North Korea; in another sign that in reality there will soon be no Obamacare to repeal as Aetna announced it is dropping out of the Obamacare market completely in 2018; in another case of do as I say not as I do hypocrisy so typical of Blues, Obama after luxuriating on a very large carbon footprint yacht, flew to a climate conference in a private jet then enlisted a convoy of 14 gas guzzling SUVs to go to a climate change conference (shades of Al Gore and his carbon emitting mini Taj Mahal); finally Congress passed a VA accountability bill while not perfect will make it easier to fire non productive workers and managers (Obama’s VA had authority since 2014 but chose not to use it and the suffering of patients at the VA continued unabated—chilling reminder of what the single payer system will look like if the left gets its way); almost a stuck record or a remake of Groundhog Day, Chicago style, the carnage in Chicago continued unabated in May with total shootings in 2017 through May 9 increasing to 1123 and the death toll by 3 to 193.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Gotye feat. Kimbra, factoids of interest for this day in history, hoping that your day is full of moments and people to ensorcel you, relevant quote from Cory Montieth, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like Mothers’ Day, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. National Twilight Zone Day—commemorating one of the TV series that defied Newton Minnow’s characterization of TV as the Great Wasteland which made its debut on October 1, 1959 and for the next 5 years stretched our imagination. Clueless as to why this date was so chosen but its creator Rod Serling who smoked four packs of cigarettes a day, like his father who died from a heart attack at the early age of 52, died from his third heart attack while being operating on for heart surgery at the age of 50 (another creative life cut short by cigarettes).
2. National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day—promoted by SAMHSA to create awareness of mental health issues facing children and enabling parents to recognize and respond to symptoms.
3. 2012 Number One Song—celebrating the number one song in 2012 on a run of 8 weeks in that position “Somebody I Used To Know” by Gotye feat. Kimbra. Here is a recording of the two of them performing the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “ensorcel” which means to fascinate or enchant someone which all of must be experiencing as we watch the meltdown of the left over the firing of Comey.
5. No Glee In A Needle—celebrating the birth on this day in 1982 of Canadian born actor Cory Montieth whose substance abuse was so bad he dropped out of high school but after rehabs turned his life around by landing a role in the musical series “Glee” Unfortunately he could not shake the addiction demons and overdosed on heroin and alcohol on July 13, 2013 at age 31.
On this day in:
a. 868 the Diamond Sutra, the oldest known dated printed book was printed in China.
b. 1927 36 luminaries from the motion picture industry founded the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
c. 1960 4 Mossad agents abducted in Buenos Aires, Argentina Adolf Eichmann wanted for war crimes and smuggled him out of Argentina to Israel for trial, conviction and execution.
d. 1987 Klaus Barbie, the “Butcher of Lyon” who amazingly was hired by our CIA in its anti-Communist efforts and who helped him escaped to South America went on trial for crimes against humanity, was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment where he died in prison of cancer.
e. 1997 in a bad day for humans but a great day for machines, IBM’s Deep Blue computer beat World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov in chess, the first time a computer has bested a chess champion.
Reflections on that if followed might mean he would be alive today: “I don't want kids to think it's O.K. to drop out of school and get high, and they'll be famous actors, too. But for those people who might give up: Get real about what you want and go after it.” Cory Montieth So sad to bounce back from addiction to success then only to have it grab you and drag you down to the casket. Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History. © May 11, 2017, Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift
Post a Comment