Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For May 7,2018 In another example of the fact that the reptilian brain crosses party lines, the New York Attorney General has resigned over allegations of sexual abuse and drug abuse; NBC has stooped to a new low as SNL has porn star Stormy Daniels on a skit with Alec Baldwin playing Trump; Senator McCain may be on his death bed but he still had time with help to write a 400 page autobiography which is due out soon in which he castigates Hillary’s handling of the Benghazi attack and the ludicrous attempts of Susan Rice and the administration to blame the attacks on a video and not to be unbalanced lights into Tromp even to point of wanting him not to come to his funeral; 50 former top intel officials have written to Congress urging that Gina Haspel be confirmed as the new CIA Director (watch the hypocrites on the left en masse led by Harris, Booker, Sanders and Warren rail about her former support of waterboarding); the witch-hunter in chief has turned down Trump’s request to answer any questions in writing (time for Trump to instruct Rosenstein to release his scope memo so if Mueller has violated the scope restrict him and tell Mueller to take any subpoena and show it up his ass see you at SCOTUS); Trump is urging West Virginia voters not to vote for West Virginia coal executive Don Blankenship; Sarah Sanders has labeled a rumor that Melania Trump does not live in the White House as ridiculous; in Chicago through May 6, 2018, 818 people have been shot, of whom 133 have died.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Three Dog Night, factoids of interest for this day in history, the fact that know when not to turn your malar and a relevant quote by Dan Egan on the damage caused by quagga mussels to the Great Lakes, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Great Lakes Awareness Day—created to promote awareness of the need to the largest freshwater source on the planet from pollution and species invasion.
2. Melanoma Monday—promoting awareness of how to protect one’s self from melanoma, a deadly form of skin cancer caused by prolonged exposure to the Sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays.
3. 1971 Number One Song— the number one song in 1971 on a run of 6 weeks in that position was “Joy To The World” by Three Dog Night. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as8K3H7Rros
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “malar” which means the bone that formers the outer eye socket and outer part of the cheek which too often before Trump we have been turning.
5. Too Young At Heart—celebrating the birthday of noted evolved actress Nora Louise Kuzma better known to the law and her fans as Traci Lords who started making porn movies while only 15 but after her true age was exposed entered the Lee Strassberg Institute to study acting and evolved into a well regarded actress and singer.
On this day in:
On this day in:
a. 1976 the Honda Accord was officially launched..
b. 1992 in a great ideas do not come to fruition overnight, Michigan ratified an amendment that had been proposed 203 years earlier to become the 27th Amendment to the Constitution which prevents Congress from giving itself midterm pay raises.
c. 1998 Mercedes Benz merged with Chrysler for $40 in the largest industrial merger to date to form Daimler Chrysler.
d. 1999 in a real oops moment the U.S. accidentally bombed the Chinese Embassy in Kosovo, Serbia killing three and wounding 20.
e. 2000 Vladimir Putin became president of the Russian Federation.
Reflections on how easy it is to destroy or alter a body of water through the introduction of a foreign species: “Sandy beaches still rim the lakes, but if Lake Michigan, for example, were drained it would now be possible to walk almost the entire 100 miles between Wisconsin and Michigan on a bed of trillions upon trillions of filter-feeding quagga mussels.” Dan Egan, The Death and Life of the Great Lakes. The book details the ecological disaster caused by ships transiting the Great Lakes to discharge water ballast which contained vast quantities of microorganisms. Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© May 7, 2018 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift