Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For November 29, 2017 The male reptilian brain’s need to be sated has just claimed another pelt as Matt Lauer of NBC, due to allegations of sexual harassment that appear to be not an isolated incident, was fired today (Swamp denizens in D.C. that believe you are above the law and have rarely worked in the private sector, take note of how the private sector responds to the heinous acts of sexual harassment and turn your Ethics Committee from the black hole of complicity to a transparent forum to protect staffers who have been abused); Trump in a powerful photo op moment had a photo of Ryan and McConnell meeting with him on the tax cut bill and funding the government and two empty chairs next to him showing that the spoiled brats Pelosi and Schumer were not there; tax cut bill has been moved out of Committee in the Senate and is moving forward (any Blue up for reelection in 2018 who is dumb or partisan enough to vote against it should be hiring a real estate agent to find a good deal in his or her district because you will not be returning to the Swamp); open border advocate Illinois Representative Gutierrez will not be seeking reelection as speculation mounts that he will be running for president (good luck on that Congressman as communities struggle with the influx of illegals and fear for their safety due to MS-13); Trump spoke with the president of China this morning on North Korea that now has an ICBM that will be able to reach any part of the U.S.(time is running out for the obese lunatic to dismantle and destroy his nuclear program or face complete annihilation of his regime); sanity has returned as a federal judge told Leandra English, the deputy director of a rogue agency, the Consumer Protection Agency Bureau created by socialist Elizabeth Warren that is accountable to no one including Congress, that she will not be able to prevent Trump’s appointee from taking over (thank God another leftist ideologue who has never worked in the private sector and would not understand the needs of business to service consumers if her life depended on it as questions arise on who is funding Leandra English’s pathetic and destructive lawsuit to remain in power and continue to raise havoc on financial institutions); public radio icon Garrison Keillor was just fired by Minnesota Public Radio for “inappropriate behavior”; almost a stuck record or a gruesome remake of Groundhog Day, Chicago style, the carnage in Chicago continued unabated with total shootings by mostly minorities against mostly minorities in 2017 through November 28 increasing to 3338 of whom 582 have died while nothing is being done to hinder or prevent the killings of minorities by minorities.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Post Malone, factoids of interest for this day in history, hoping you have no need for a lapactic today, a relevant quote by Neil Morrissey on leftovers, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Throw Out Your Leftovers Day—those leftovers from Thanksgiving have been providing breeding grounds for all manner of bacteria and today is the day to move them to the outdoor trash can.
2. International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People—created by the UN in 1977 to promote awareness of the need to recognize the rights of Palestinians in a very troubled part of the world where peaceful relations between Arabs and Jews are very difficult to come by.
3. 2017 Number One Song—the number one song in 2017 before we head back in time and on a run of 5 weeks in that position was “Rockstar” by Post Malone. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GFAZBKZVJY
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “lapactic” which means a purgative or laxative which hopefully is not needed today because you have drunk a lot of water.
5. So Typical of the Swamp—celebrating or bemoaning the birth on this day in 1908 depending on your point of view of the poster child of why we need term limits in Congress of Adam Clayton Powell, the first African American Representative from the State of New York who served in Congress for 26 years but in the end proving that power from safe districts corrupts as he toward the end of his career was soaking taxpayers by taking extravagant trips overseas and having his ex-wife on the payroll for years although she lived in Puerto Rico and did no work whatsoever.
On this day in:
a. 1952 Dwight Eisenhower fulfilled a campaign promise by flying to South Korea after his election as president to see what could be done to end the hostilities there.
b. 1963 President Johnson created the Warren Commission to investigate the assassination of President Kennedy; many but not all of its findings and documents were recently released to the public.
c. 1967 Robert McNamara one of the architects of the failed strategies of the Vietnam War resigned as Secretary of Defense in time to not be so employed when the North and Viet Cong launched the Tet Offensive in 1968 which caught us completely by surprise.
d. 1972 Atari released Pong, the first successful video game (compared to today’s video games it seems so simplistic and primitive).
e. 1987 two North Korean agents acting under orders from the father of the obese lunatic that is hell bent on being destroyed by U.S. nuclear weapons planted a bomb on Korean Air Flight 858, deplaned at the flight’s first stop and the bomb was not discovered until it exploded en route to its second stop, killing all passengers and crew.
Reflections on leftovers before you throw them out today: “I love cooking and eating - I'm a total foodie. It started off as a survival thing as a student, when cheese and potato pie was all I could afford to make. My most successful results come from concocting something with leftovers. Any chef will tell you that you should taste as you cook, so I might make it a bit more spicy, yogurty or eggy.” Neil Morrissey, noted English actor Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© November 29, 2017, Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift