Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For November 15, 2017 The head of Fusion GPS admitted to Congress that he shopped the false anti-Trump dossier to the press which then found its way to the FBI which found its way to the witch -hunt of appointing Robert Mueller and to the FISA courts issuing warrants to enable Obama appointees to intercept Trump Transition Team and Trump supporters’ conversations (that Mr. Schiff and all Blue Russian collusion delusion supporters is the real clear and present danger to our democracy); Congress appears to be getting its act together on the issue of tax reform despite the obstructionist behavior of the Schumer and Pelosi lackeys who continue to chant the false narrative that the tax cut is for the rich on the backs of hard working Americans; Trump is back from a successful trip to Asia despite the idiocy of Schumer claiming he was a disgrace to the office (due to the false narrative from the Cack News Network at a Japanese koi pond?) even though China was sending a high level diplomatic delegation to North Korea most likely to talk some sense to these idiots pursuing a nuclear arsenal; as more and more Republicans clamor for a special counsel to investigate HJC, the Clinton Foundation, Comey and the Uranium One Deal, Sessions testified that he was not in favor as the DOJ seems to be pursuing its own investigation and also dropped a chilling bomb that 27 investigations are proceeding on the issue of leaks most likely by Obama appointees; the union representing ICE is blasting Trump for violating a campaign promise to drain the ICE Swamp of Obama appointees (why he has not purged the federal government of all Obama appointees is a great mystery); almost a stuck record or a gruesome remake of Groundhog Day, Chicago style, the carnage in Chicago continued unabated with total shootings by mostly minorities against mostly minorities in 2017 through November 12 increasing to 3248 of whom 566 have died while nothing is being done to hinder or prevent the killings of minorities by minorities.As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to T.I. factoids of interest for this day in history, hoping your pet is able to practice his or her lambitive skills, a relevant quote fromWinston Churchill on the value of private enterprise, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a giftfor any memorable events like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet canprovide you with a unique customized poem at a great price
tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Day of the Imprisoned Writer—created by PEN International, founded in 1921, to advocate for the release of writers imprisoned for their criticism of governments and other institutions of power and influence for although the pen may be mightier than the sword it is weaker when the writer has been jailed and unable to communicate with the outside world.
2. Free Enterprise Day—created by President Jimmy Carter on August 8, 1980 to promote and advocate for the American free enterprise system, the engine of wealth creation and improved standards of living which after 8 years of oppressive regulations and crony capitalism is back to growing at 3% and poised if Congress could ever get its act together and cut taxes to grow at 4-5%+.
3. 2008 Number One Song—the number one song in 2008 on a run of 6 weeks in that position was “Live Your Life” by T.I. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY6mr9fO-9M
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “lambitive” which describes the act of licking upwith one’s tongue, like what cats and dogs do to drink water or milk.
5. Life Imitates Art—celebrating the birth on this day in 1968 of rapper Russel Tyronne Jones better known to his fans as Ol’Dirty Bastard who rose to fame with the hip hop band Wu-Tang Clan and his hit “Ghetto Supastar.” Like so many rappers his over the top profanity laden performances led him down the path of crime, incarceration, fugitive status and addiction to die of an overdose 2 days before his 36th birthday.
On this day in:
a. 1914 in a chilling reminder that football is a violent sport, Harry Turner center for the Canton
Professionals playing in the Ohio League. During a game against Akron he fractured his back making a tackle, severing his spinal cord, and dying in a hospital bed shortly thereafter, the first professional football player to die of game related injuries.
b. 1920 the first assembly of the League of Nations was held at Geneva, Switzerland.
c. 1939 Franklin Roosevelt laid the cornerstone for the Jefferson Memorial (wonder how long it will remain before the left starts protesting its existence due to Jefferson’s status as a slave owner.
d. 1971 Intel released the world’s first single chip microprocessor the 4004.
e. 2006 after watching the liberal bias of the MSM, Al Jazeera English was launched out of Qatar to reach the one billion English speakers who do not adhere to an Anglo-American world view. If the left of the MSM want to hone their anti-Trump message and crusade they should watch it.
Reflections on the contributions of private enterprise that the left has great difficulty
in accepting:“Some regard private enterprise as if it were a predatory tiger to be shot. Others
look upon it as a cow that they can milk. Only a handful see it for what it really is--the strong
horse that pulls the whole cart.” Winston Churchill Please enjoy the poems on events of
interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my
blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the
links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in
History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of
importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© November, 15 2017, Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift