Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For October 29, 2017 The denizens inside the Swamp beltway are besides themselves over who has been indicted by Mueller’s grand jury if the Cack News Network report is accurate; needless to say the revelations that the Clinton Campaign and the DNC paid millions to fund the anti Trump dossier produced by Fusion GPS has raised a storm of outrage except among die hard HJC supporters; Mueller was heading up the FBI when it was first investigating Russian bribery yet did little (the FBI informant who will soon testify before Congress should drop some real bombshells involving HJC’s quid pro quo with the Uranium One deal and her campaign’s and the DNC’ involvement with the Trump Russian Collusion Delusion; like the servers she had totally wiped clean, she and her minions and the DNC and its minions seem to have no recall of their involvement of the millions paid to Fusion GPS and are spending all their time dodging the Russian collusion delusion that is drawing a bead on all of them); we know that the MSM is completely biased against Trump but at least the tiny flame of integrity still burns as strong anti Trump bashers like the News York Times are expressing outrage over the lies to them on the funding of the dossier (time to subpoena before Congress Podesta and Wasserman Schultz to expose their prior perjury on the issue of funding the dossier, impanel a grand jury and indict them and determine how many Trump supporters and campaign advisers were unmasked using the erroneous dossier to obtain warrants to intercept their communications—a real threat to our democracy); however pathetic the refusal to stand during our National Anthem is Bob McNair hopefully has learned that over the top rhetoric like “We can’t have the inmates run the prison” needs to be sacked even as ratings continue to slide; for Harvey Weinstein the number of accusers grows each passing day and we now know that the male reptilian brain is alive and well in the newsrooms as O’Reilly has settled with his numerous accusers for $32 M and Mark Halperin is apologizing publicly for his dalliances as Showtime as a result of the allegations has dropped him from The Circus; almost a stuck record or a gruesome remake of Groundhog Day, Chicago style, the carnage in Chicago continued unabated with total shootings in 2017 through October 28 increasing to 3133 and the death toll increased to 543 and still nothing is being done to hinder or prevent the killings of minorities by minorities.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a relevant quote from Tom Frieden on physical activity, a music link to Karyn White, factoids of interest for this day in history, while being disgusted over the lacertilian activities of the Harvey Weinsteins of the world, but secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. World Stroke Day—created by the World Stroke Organization in 2006 to create awareness of the dangers of strokes and the what people must do to reduce their risk of having one, like the estimated 15 million that suffer one each year, only 4 million of whom survived without death or permanent disability (good place to start would be to not smoke and if you do stop).
2. World Psoriasis Day—created by the IFPA in 2004 to promote awareness of the skin disease and research for better medications to control its spread and to also reduce the stigma for those who suffer from it.
3. 1991 Number One Song—the number one song in 1991 on a run of 1 week in that position was “Romantic” by Karyn White. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu-ty0dC9k4
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “lacertilian” which means of or pertaining to lizards which in so far as it relates to sexual activity describes the unwanted advances of the Harvey Weinsteins that infest Hollywood these days.
5. You Need More Than Loving You Need a Little Help from Your Robed Friends—celebrating the birth on this day in 1933 of Richard Loving, a construction worker and race car driver, who fell in love with a Mildred Jeter who was of African American and Native American descent, married her and was told that the marriage violated Virginia’s Racial Integrity Act, and was informed the couple would have to leave the state. Litigation was brought by the ACLU to invalidate the law which SCOTUS so ruled in the case of Loving v. Virginia in 1967. Sadly the now legally married couple did not get the chance to live a long married life as a DUI driver hit their car on June 29, 1975 killing Richard and causing his wife to lose one eye.
On this day in:
a. 1960 in Louisville, Kentucky Muhammad Ali, then known as Cassius Clay, won his first professional fight.
b. 1969 the first computer to computer link occurred on ARPANET, the precursor to the internet and the internet age was about to begin.
c. 1994 Francisco Martin Duran fired 29 shots at the White House in an attempt to assassinate President Clinton, was tackled by three citizens, arrested by the Secret Service, tried and convicted of attempted murder and sentenced to 40 years in prison where he sits today with a projected release of date of 2029.
d. 2004 Al Jazeera broadcasted a video of Osama bin Laden where he accepted responsibility for the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in 2001.
e. 2015 China ended its one child policy to the endearment of parents, especially parents whose first child was a girl.
Reflections on strokes: “Physical activity--even if you don't lose an ounce, you'll live longer, feel healthier and be less likely to get cancer, heart disease, stroke and arthritis. It's the closest thing we have to a wonder drug.” Tom Frieden, former head of the CDC and now the head of Resolve, a nonprofit targeting stroke and heart attack prevention and the preparation for combating pandemics. Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© October 29, 2017, Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift