Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For October 25, 2017 A one two punch that will KO the Clintons finally—first the Uranium One Deal with an FBI informant soon to be freed of the NDA that has prevented him from speaking to Congress with the DOJ Lynch mob having threatened him with criminal prosecution if he spoke to Congress (that smells, looks like and quacks like true obstruction of justice as opposed to firing an incompetent spineless FBI director) and punch two is the revelation that Clinton campaign operatives funded Fusion GPS that hired a former British intelligence officer to create the fake anti-Trump dossier to explain why the most pathetic candidate in modern history had the election “stolen” from her by the false Russian delusion; Hell hath no fury than a coronation queen in waiting scorned by the voters whose Russian collusion delusion was the perfect storm to sell her latest book to justify her loss; finally the potential treason of the quid pro quo scandal involving the Uranium One Deal will soon see the light of day as Senator Grassley is now calling for an independent counsel to be appointed (if the Blues had any sense at all they would be clamoring to demand the same thing and drop HRC and her predator husband like a disgraced hot rock); only in America can a washed up quarterback sign a million dollar book deal with Random House—if the reports are true Colin Kaepernick must be laughing all the way to the bank and the editor will not be looking forward to the future grilling by his board when the book flops; in yet another example of the politization of an agency that really, really needs to be above politics, emails are being released that clear show Eric Holder’s DOJ was actively involved in preventing conservative groups from receiving settlements negotiated by the DOJ against companies that it was prosecuting thereby confirming all along Trump’s charges that the DOJ was administering a slush fund for liberal groups; almost a stuck record or a gruesome remake of Groundhog Day, Chicago style, the carnage in Chicago continued unabated with total shootings in 2017 through October 24 increasing to 3093 soon to be surpassed and the death toll increased to 536 and still nothing is being done to hinder or prevent the killings of minorities by minorities.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Janet Jackson, factoids of interest for this day in history, hoping you are able to practice labiomancy, and a relevant quote from Katy Perry on ambition, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. International Artist Day—created by noted Canadian Romantic Realism artist Chris MacClure to honor the contributions of artists since humans first started painting on cave walls; celebrate by going to an art gallery or museum or better yet buy a painting.
2. Lung Health Day—created by the American Association of Respiratory Care to promote awareness of the damage to lungs of smokers and non L:smokers caused by smoking and other pollutants.
3. 1989 Number One Song—the number one song in 1989 on a run of 4 weeks in that position was “Miss You Much” by that singer famous for her Super Bowl Halftime prop failure performance Janet Jackson. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVF0zcqr9Dg
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “labiomancy” which means the reading of lips which unfortunately for George H.W. Bush the viewers did and his tax increases doomed his attempt for a second term.
5. Is It In The Name—celebrating the birth on this day in 1984 of Kathyrn Hudson better know to her fans as Katy Perry and whose first album was released under her birth name and was a commercial flop resulting in her new name and the rest is history; great voice and activist for the LBGT community and a staunch supporter of Obama, HRC and Kamala Harris, an ideologue Barbara Boxer on steroids.
On this day in:
a. 1954 the Battle of Balaclava in the Crimean War was fought with the Light Brigade being decimated in a charge against Russian canon on a plateau and immortalized by Tennyson’s poem Charge of the Light Brigade.
b. 1920 after a 74 day hunger strike in Brixton Prison by Sinn Fein Lord Mayor of Cork Terence MacSwiney protesting British occupation of Ireland, he died.
c. 1962 in a real “Gotcha” moment UN Ambassador Adlai Stevenson produced photos showing the Soviets had been lying through their teeth that there were no Soviet missiles in Cuba.
d. 1971 the UN ousted Taiwan and sat the Peoples Republic of China in its place.
e. 1983 the United States and its Caribbean allies launched Operation Fury, a successful invasion of Grenada prompted by a coup that executed the island’s prime minister and were in the process with the help of the Cuba army of completing a military grade airfield for jet bomber and fighters.
Reflections on the desire for fame and recognition from the birthday girl: ““Ultimately I want Katy Perry to be as much of a household name as Madonna.” Katy Perry I hope if that is achieved is it achieved without the perverse sexual exhibitionism of Madonna and not quite as over the top political displays against Reds. Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© October 25, 2017, Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift
Post a Comment