Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For April 17, 2017 United Airlines is back in the hot seat again as it scrambles to recover from the video of TSA thugs dragging a passenger off a plane so it could fly 4 employees when news of a couple flying off to Costa Rico to get married made the mistake of not waking up a passenger in their seats and sitting in another row in a half empty plane and were removed (normally hate increase government regulation but this nonsense bolstered by the monopoly like power of 4 airlines controlling 75% of the market has to end); the man who randomly killed a passerby on Facebook, Stephen Stevens, is still at large with police admitting they do not have an idea where this callous killer is located; after the Reds managed to keep a Kansas seat in a special election, the focus has turned to Georgia which will hold a special election tomorrow to fill Tom Price’s seat with the Blues pouring in millions of dollars backing a true leftist ala Sanders, Ossof, who has drawn the Trump ire in the form of a scathing tweet (will be interesting race to watch the returns coming in tomorrow); almost like a stuck record or a remake of Groundhog Day, Chicago style, the carnage in Chicago continues unabated with total shootings in 2017 through April 16 increasing by 10 to 918 and the death toll increasing by one to 160 (God help those poor minorities being shot mostly by minorities when the weather gets warmer and the shooters’ aim gets really better and there is more daylight to find and shoot victims) and yet nothing, absolutely nothing, appears to be occurring to address this blight on blacks and minorities which is what racism from a black mayor really looks like who appears to care only about the rights of illegal aliens in his sanctuary city (when will Chicago residents through the city council try to impeach this pathetic, inept mayor?).
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Madonna, factoids of interest for this day in history, a relevant quote from a mother of a hemophiliac son, Kimberley Martin, hoping that if you are singing today, your songs will be canorous, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Malbec World Day—commemorating the day in 1853 that the President of Argentina hired a French wine expert to bring to Argentina grape vines to create a wine industry in Argentina, including Malbec, which was a wise thing to do as years later the France lost a good portion of its vineyards due to a blight caused by aphids and with vines from Argentina was able to restore its vineyards.
2. World Hemophilia Day—celebrated since 1989 to promote awareness of hemophilia (only 20,000 sufferers in the U.S.) and other bleeding disorders and to raise funds to find a cure.
3. 1989 Number One Song—celebrating the number one song in 1989 on a run of 3 weeks in that position “Like a Prayer” by Madonna. Here is a recording of her performing the song: https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=Like+a+prayer+madonna#id=1&vid=b34b9b76a4c7987ea9c20ccea51bfcd2&action=click
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “canorous” which describes melodious or resonant songs or speech.
5. Of Mice and Men—celebrating the birth on this day in 1946 of Georges J.F. Kohler the 1984 Noble Prize winner in Medicine for developing a means of creating antibodies from white blood cells from mice who sadly was not doing research in the prevention of heart attacks which killed him way too early on March 1, 1995.
On this day in:
a. 1907 Ellis Island processed a record number of immigrants 11,747.
b. 1949 26 counties left the British Commonwealth, ushering in the Republic of Ireland.
c. 1961 the failed Bay of Pigs Invasion sponsored by the CIA began but without American air support quickly failed.
d. 1969 Sirhan Sirhan was convicted of assassinating Robert Kennedy and is still rotting in prison after his 15th unsuccessful parole review hearing last year.
e. 2014 in a we may not be alone moment, NASA’s Kepler orbiting telescope confirmed the existence of an Earth sized planet orbiting another star in what astronomers call the habitable zone.
Reflections on from the mother of a son who has hemophilia:“ I didn’t know if my son Scott would live. I didn’t know what his life would be like. My first thought was that it sure wouldn’t be normal, and the idyllic life that I thought that I would have was shattered. My job as his mother is to teach him how to take care of himself. And his being able to be confident and have enough courage to face this head-on at such a young age — I know that we’re moving in the right direction.” Kimberly Martin Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© April 17, 2017, Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift
WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS I HAVE NEVER BELIEVE IN HERBAL REMEDIES.ReplyDelete
I have been a patient of hemophilia . I had tried a lot of anti viral med prescribed to me by doctors over the years but I could not see any improvements in my symptoms. One day while going through the internet , i got to know about this great Herbal Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing people from hemophilia,quickly i contacted him and he prepared a herbal medication for me which i received and used as instructed. After few weeks the improvement were very visible. the pain and tightness in the joints stopped and the sores started to heal. I would recommend this to all my friends,families,around the globe suffering from hemophilia.you can contact him through his email on firstname.lastname@example.org advice and for his product THANKS TO YOU ONCE AGAIN DR WILLIAMS