Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For October 14, 2018 The fall midterms have not yet occurred and the illegal alien queen Harris is already planning trips to Iowa, South Carolina and Wisconsin fueling speculation that she will offer her liberal agenda to the voters in 2020; Doug Schoen, a prominent Blue has slammed Hillary and Holder for their uncivility remarks as being destructive of Blue chances to regain the Senate and House (he is right as rain on that and both of them should fade out of the political limelight); Alec Baldwin returned to SNL mocking the visit of Kanye West to the White House in his pathetic unfunny characterization as Trump; 31 year old Atonella Barba who competed in the sixth season of American Idol has been arrested in Virginia for felony charges of distributing heroin; Chesapeake, Virginia has passed an ordinance that bans anyone over the age of 12 from trick or treating (sad commentary on the heavy hand of local government); Portland known as the City of Roses is rapidly becoming the City of Violence as Antifa thugs attacked a Patriot Prayer law and order demonstration (finally instead of a hands-off attitude the Portland police intervened to break up the attacks); on the mountain climbing front 7 climbers were killed and 2 are missing after a storm swept through their base camp on Gurja Himel Mountain in Nepal; 76 year old former NYC Mayor Bloomberg appeared at New Hampshire rally, sparking speculation he will join a large field to run in 2020; Emanuel’s announcement that he will not seek reelection has not curbed the gun violence as through October 12, 2018, 2410 people mostly of color have been shot by mostly people of color, of whom 401 have died (when will Chicago get serious about this carnage or is this the case of true racism as a Blue run city turns a deaf ear and a blind eye to the slaughter of mostly people of color by mostly people of color).
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Soulja Boy, factoids of interest for this day in history, the fact that you are not a negaholic and a relevant quote from a Larry Elder on the War on Drugs, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like college graduations, birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. World Standards Day—celebrated since 1970 to create awareness of the efforts of standardization organizations to further the global economy.
2. National FRUMP Day—celebrating and honoring those individuals who are frugal, responsible, unpretentious, and mature persons.
3. 2007 Number One Song— the number one song in 2007 on a run of 7 weeks in that position was “Crank That” by Soulja Boy. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UFIYGkROII
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day as we move from words beginning with “m” to words beginning with “n” is “negaholic” which means habitually pessimistic which most voters feel when they witness the gridlock and animosity in the Swamp.
5. Celebrating the Wizard—celebrating the birth on this day in 1910 of noted basketball coach John Wooden whose UCLA basketball teams achieved a record 10 NCAA National Championships as he became the first person to be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame as a player and coach and who dribbled his last ball on June 4, 2010.
On this day in:
a. 1888 Louis Le Prince filmed the first motion picture Roundhay Garden Scene.
b. 1908 the Chicago Cubs won the World Series but would have to wait until 2016 to win another World Series.
c. 1979 the first Gay Rights March in Washington, D.C. with 100,000 participants occurred.
d. 1982 President Reagan proclaimed a War on Drugs which as the opioid epidemic ravages this nation, a war we have lost and continue to lose until the border is secured.
e. 1994 Yasser Arafat, Simon Peres and Yitzhak Rabin receive Nobel Peace Prizes for their role in the execution of the Oslo Accords and the framing of the future Palestinian Self Government.
Reflections on the War on Drugs: “Once brave politicians and others explain the war on drugs' true cost, the American people will scream for a cease-fire. Bring the troops home, people will urge. Treat drugs as a health problem, not as a matter for the criminal justice system.” Larry Elder, noted conservative African-American talk show host.
Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to www.Alaskanpoethistory.blogspot.com for just This Day in History.
© October 14, 2018 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift