Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For October 21, 2019 Tulsi is not backing down on her attacks on HRC, who is still mired in the insanity of not accepting her 2016 defeat and now adding Tulsi to the list of reasons why she lost (interesting to note O’Dork, Buttegieg, Yang, and Williamson, candidates trailing badly in the primary polls while the front runners like Sanders, Warren, Biden and Harris have gone totally silent probably shaking in their spineless boots over the potential wrath of the Clinton machine- @alaskanpoet.com #RedFlagHillary); far left and feces and needles ridden San Francisco has instituted a PC curtain on its city workers preventing them on city business to travel to or do business with 22 states with restrict laws on abortion (what happened to Interstate Commerce and the states being the laboratories of democracy and how many hours after birth before an abortion cannot end in infanticide to not be restrictive?); 65 year old Dennis Quaid, who battled drug addiction for many years, is now the poster child for proposition that things get better in sobriety as it was announced he is engaged to 26 year old Ph.D. candidate Lara Savoie; in a better late than never moment, CNN’s legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin must be tired of trying unsuccessfully wash the cack from this reporting as he came out and announced his regret for calling HRC’s illegal use of a private server to be no “big deal”; Zuckerberg is in a limelight he would like to avoid, admitting he has been advising Pete Buttigieg on some hires but claiming he has not endorsed him (given the furor over social media’s bias that would be a great position for him to take whether it is true or not); Felicity Huffman is now serving her 14 day slap on the wrist sentence and at least to visitors appears to be receiving special treatment (with our two systems of justice why should that revelation not surprise us); while HRC delusionally wallows calling Tulsi a Russian another target of her wrath Monica Lewinsky is now co-producing 15 Minutes of Shame; as of October 20, 2019, 2292 have been shot, of whom, 393 and the one day hiatus of killings has ended; in Baltimore with a fraction of Chicago’s population, 277 have been murdered in Baltimore (when will Chicago and Baltimore get serious about this carnage or is this the case of true racism as a Blue run city turns a deaf ear and a blind eye to the slaughter of people of color by people of color and when will the left focus on the problem of color on color shootings in Blue run cities which have been more deadly and more numerous than random mass shootings?
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, factoids of interest for this day in history, a musical link to the Four Tops, the fact that you are enjoying presenium and a relevant quote on lynching African-Americans by Bryan Stevenson, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like Father’s Day, college graduations, birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Global Iodine Deficiency Disorder Prevention Day—celebrating the use of salt to which iodine has been added or sea salt from which it has not been removed as an essential ingredient in good thyroid gland health.
2. Back to the Future Day II—created in 1989 to go back to the future in 2015 my Michael J. Fox as Martin McFly to correct some errors from his first Back to the Future.
3. 1966 Number One Song— the number one song in 1966 on this day on a run of 2 weeks in the position was “Reach Out I’ll Be There” by the Four Tops. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnih1-VX74M. The group is still touring although two of the original members have permanently lost their ability to reach out.
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “presenium” which means the period of life that precedes old age, a period than one should hold on to with diet, exercise, and hopefully good genes.
5. The Forces Is No Longer With You With Drugs--celebrating the birthday on this day in 1956 of Carrie Fisher best known for her roles as Princess Leia in the Star Wars films who battled bipolar issues and drug addiction and on December 27, 2016 the Force Left Her as she stopped breathing on a flight from Europe four days earlier within 15 minutes of landing at LAX.
On this day in:
a. 1921 President Warren G. Harding gave a speech condemning lynching of African-Americans in the South.
b. 1946 the Mau Mau Revolution in Kenya was defeated.
c. 1959 the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum was opened to a grateful art loving public.
d. 1967 The National Mobilization Committee to End the War in Vietnam organized a march of 50,000 protestors from the Lincoln Memorial to the Pentagon.
e. 1994 in an another agreement not worth the paper was printed on North Korea and the U.S. signed an Agreed Framework which required North Korea to stop its nuclear weapons program and submit to inspections which it obviously did not.
Reflections on the lynching of African-Americans: “The racial terrorism of lynchings in many ways created the modern death penalty. America's embrace of speedy executions was, in part, an attempt to redirect the violent energies of lynching while ensuring white southerners that Black men would still pay the ultimate price.”― Bryan Stevenson, Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption.
Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© October 21, 2019 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift,All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift
Post a Comment