Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For December 4, 2019 The crow buffet at MSM is in full speed after their power darling Harris left the race as she was the chosen one in their mind to beat Trump (grasping at straws the “pundits” just can’t get it straight as they are blinded by Trump derangement syndrome); after the Shiff Circus attention now on Nadler’s Judiciary Committee where three leftist law professors and one objective one Turley will conduct a Con Law Class on what merits impeachment which Trump’s conduct no matter how distasteful it may be proven to be does not equal “treason, high crimes or misdemeanors” (watch for Turley to destroy the case for impeachment and for Fox to play tapes of a very obese almost cabbage doll like Nadler slamming the Clinton Impeachment with arguments almost identical to those raised by Reds except in Clinton’s case he clearly had committed crimes like perjury for which he was disbarred); testy times at the NATO meetings as Trump after being mocked by several leaders announced he is heading home (sadly not a good sign no matter how one feels about NATO members not living up to their obligations to spend at least 2% of their GNP on defense which should give great fodder to MSM’s claims that he is not acting like a president); the brother of deceased cartel kingpin Pablo Escobar, Roberto Escobar has come out with a foldable smart phone for $349 which he claims is next to impossible to break into (just what we do not need to have in the hands of drug traffickers for obvious reasons); the largest progressive veterans organization VoteVets has just endorsed Pete Buttigieg who continues to rise in the polls; with Harris thankfully out of the race MSM pundits are bemoaning that the debate state for the DNC’s next debate will be all white as the sole remaining black Senator “Spartacus” Booker has not met the DNC’s polling threshold; in Chicago with a new interim police chief now having to replace a fired police chief as of December 3, 2019, 2565 have been shot, of whom, 435 have died; Baltimore with a fraction of Chicago’s population, is coming in second place in the amount of gun deaths as 316 have been murdered, a number which has passed all of 2014’s death and is closing in on 2016’s yearly total of 318’s fatalities but 2017’s record of 342 looks like it won’t be broken (when will Chicago and Baltimore get serious about this carnage or is this the case of true racism as a Blue run city turns a deaf ear and a blind eye to the slaughter of people of color by people of color and when will the left focus on the problem of color on color shootings in Blue run cities which have been more deadly and more numerous than random mass shootings?).
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, factoids of interest for this day in history, a musical link to Celine Dion and R. Kelly, the fact you do not accept pseudosophy, a relevant quote on battling the Thomas Fire by Mark Brownn, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like Father’s Day, college graduations, birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Cabernet Franc Day—celebrating a great French Cabernet that traces its origins to the 17th Century.
2. National Package Protection Day—celebrated on the first Wednesday after Thanksgiving and created by Ring.com the maker of devices to protect your packages from being stolen off your front porch after delivery.
3. 1998 Number 1 Number One Song— the number one song in 1998 on this day on a run of 6 weeks in the position was “I’m Your Angel” by R. Kelly and Celine Dion. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61PKwZq1bNE R. Kelly has had a checkered past involving sexual misconduct and sexual abuse of minors and was recently arrest in July of this year.
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “pseudosophy which means a pretension to wisdom which describes many entertainers who testify before Congress on subjects they know nothing about but have been cast in a role of an expert in one of their movies.
5. Life Imitates Art--celebrating the birthday on this day in 1983 of hip hop artist Lionel Du Fon Pickens better known to his fans and Chinx Drugz who was killed in the Jamaica area of Queens on May 15, 2015; two suspects have been arrested and charged with 2nd Degree murder but I could not find anything on line as to their status.
On this day in:
a. 1945 in a move to avoid the mistake of not joining the League of Nations, the U.S. Senate by a vote of 65-7 voted in favor of U.S. participation in the United Nations which had been formed on October 25th of that year.
b. 1964 police arrested over 800 students who had seized control of the Administration Building at the University of California Berkeley following action by the Board of Regents to deny protests on campus.
c. 1969 Black Panthers Fred Hampton and Mark Clark were shot and killed in Chicago in a raid by 14 members of the CPD.
d. 1991 Pan American Airlines ceased operations after 64 years in business.
e. 2017 the Thomas Fire started near Santa Paula, California and before it was finally contained it burned 440 square miles to become the largest wildfire in California history.
Helpless reflections on the Thomas Fire: “When the wind starts pushing it, we can throw everything we have at it and it’s not going to do any good.” Mark Brown, Cal Fired Operations Section Chief commenting on efforts to contain the Thomas Fire.
Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© December 4 , 2019 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift,
All Recipients to Receive a Lasting Lift
Post a Comment