Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For April 27, 2018 In a historic moment the presidents of North Korea and South Korea met at the border to discuss the end of the Korean War and denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula (this meeting would have never occurred without the efforts of the U.S. and Mike Pompeo (sadly in a continuing display of obstruction almost treasonous only 7 Blues voted in favor of his confirmation but not the illegal alien support queen Harris and an aging Feinstein); House Panel found no evidence of collusion with the Russians by the Trump Campaign although partisan hacks like Schiff immediately dismissed the finding (time for this travesty and distraction from the efforts to make America great again and end this witch hunt); in yet another example of how petty and childish the Blues are capable of the Lubbock Democratic Party saw fit to crop Melania Trump out of the photo of the Obamas, Bushes and George H.W. Bush appearing at the funeral of Barbara Bush; the reptilian brain has claimed another victim—Tom Brokaw whom Linda Vester has claimed he groped her and tried to forcibly tried to kiss and who has dropped out as commencement speaker at Sacred Heart University; Merkel and Trump meeting today to discuss Iran, trade, and North Korea; Cosby has been found guilty on his retrial; in Chicago through April 26, 2018, 710 people have been shot, of whom 121 have died.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to The Fifth Dimension, factoids of interest for this day in history, the fact that because you know what you are saying you can be malacophonous and a relevant quote by Jeff Sessions on impeachment, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. World Design Day—celebrated since 1995 to promote awareness of the contribution of design to our culture and society.
2. National Hairball Awareness Day—one days of awareness of pets’ promoted by the American Veterinary Association and why one should brush cats frequently to minimize the ingestion of hairballs caused by self grooming.
3. 1969 Number One Song— the number one song in 1969 on a run of 6 weeks in that position was “Aquarius Let The Sunshine In” by The Fifth Dimension. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPK7ZF6jfJE
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “malacophonous” which means soft spoken which definitely does not describe most politicians. World Design
5. Who Wants To Buy His Story?—celebrating or bemoaning depending on one’s political point of view the birth on this day in 1969 of Cory Booker, a 2020 Blue presidential wanna-be but listening to his leftist rants and obstructionism perhaps a poster child for the concussion results of having played tight end for Stanford. Like most Blues, Booker has never worked in the private sector and was one of the Blues hectoring Pompeo on the issue of LBGT “rights” during his confirmation hearings.
On this day in:
On this day in:
a. 1805 8 Marines led by Lt. O’Bannon and some 500 Berbers successfully attacked the city of Derna in Tripoli in the Barbary Coast War.
b. 1974 10,000 people marched in Washington, D.C. demanding the impeachment of Richard Nixon.
c. 1981 Xerox PARC introduced the computer mouse.
d. 2005 the Airbus 380 had its maiden flight.
e. 2006 construction began on the Freedom Tower (later renamed One World Trade Center) in New York Center.
Reflections on impeachment:” Whereas the handling of the case against President Nixon clearly strengthened the nation's respect for law, justice and truth, the Clinton impeachment may unfortunately have the opposite result.” Jeff Sessions Sadly, Sessions’ recusal and the appointment of Mueller and his band of anti-Trumpsters have shredded what little respect outside the Swamp there remains for the integrity of the DOJ and the FBI. Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© April 27, 2018 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift