Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For April 19, 2018 On the FBI illegality front the Inspector General recommended criminal charges be filed against Andrew McCabe- great first step in draining the anti-Trump bias in the Swamp; when does sanity return to the Russian collusion delusion witch-hunt and we end this Mueller travesty?; IG is not finished and very soon we should see a report that really slams Comey, Lynch and the FBI for the whitewash “investigation” of HRC’s private email server (what we really need to see is a real investigation of the blatant quid pro quo practices of her as Secretary of State that funneled millions of dollars into her Foundation and Bill’s pockets in speaking fees—if there was anyone that should be locked up it is the Clintons); after seeing McCabe in the crosshairs of criminal prosecution, Rosenstein comes out and states Trump was not a target in the raid on his lawyer Michael Cohen (when does this rogue special prosecutor have his Russian collusion delusion terminated so we can continue in Trump’s quest to make America great again?); Elizabeth Warren moment déjà vu as Andrew Cuomo makes the ridiculous claim that he is an undocumented alien (does he know that illegals vote in droves during an election?); as the world has high hopes that the meeting between Trump and Kim that Pompeo has vetted favorably in a secret meeting with Kim, our aging senior senator from California Diane Feinstein totally infected by the progressive disease that funs unchecked through our Barbara Boxer on steroids junior senator Kamala Harris has announced that she will vote against Mike Pompeo (totally outrageous for Blues to hinder and obstruct Trump being able to name his team in this really critical push to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula—McConnell off your ass and push this nomination to an immediate vote even if you have to use the nuclear option); any idiot would know that the only weapon effective against a gun is another gun in the hands of a trained person but in Illinois Democrats want to reallocate funds for school security to hire therapists; in Chicago through April 18, 2018, 637 people have been shot, of whom 107 have died.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to The Beatles, factoids of interest for this day in history, the fact that you are blessed with magnalities today and a relevant quote by Jannie Coverdale on the death penalty verdict for McVeigh, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Bicycle Day—commemorating this day in 1943 when Albert Hoffman three days after he had accidentally absorbed some LSD purposely ingested .25 micrograms of LSD and after commencing hallucinogenic effects had his assistant ride with him on a bicycle to his house and then to record the effects of the dose.
2. Dutch American Friendship Day—commemorating this day in 1782 when the Netherlands recognized John Adams as the Ambassador from the United States and the U.S. purchased a house at Fluwelen Burnwal 18 in The Hague to become its first embassy.
3. 1964 Number One Song— the number one song in 1964 on a run of 5 weeks in that position was “Can’t Buy Me Love” by The Beatles. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srwxJUXPHvE
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “magnality” which means a great act or event which fits the tax cut to a tee.
5. Cars Can Be Unsafe Places In Which To Be—celebrating the birth on this day in 1933 of Vera Jayne Palmer better known to her fans as Jayne Mansfield, noted actress, pinup and Playmate who like her father many years earlier when she was a small girl was killed while driving the family car but in Jayne’s case she was killed when a car she was in with three adults in the front seat and her three children asleep in the back seat ran into a semi-truck, killing all three adults but only slightly scratching the children.
On this day in:
a. 1984 “Advance Australia Fair” was adopted as Australia’s national anthem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8tswkr25A0
b. 1985 200 federal agents besieged a right wing white supremacist survivalist cult The Covenant, The Sword and The Arm of the Lord in Arkansas. Fortunately for all involve the group surrendered two days later.
c. 1993 the 51 day siege of the Branch Davidian Complex ended when a fire broke out, killing 76 Davidians including 16 children under the age of 10.
d. 1995 in revenge for the ATF assault on the Branch Davidian Compound in Waco, Texas, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols parked a Ryder Rental Truck loaded with more than 4800 pounds of explosives in a drop off zone under the Alfred Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City which also contained a day care center for the children of federal employees and lit the fuse. When the truck exploded five minutes later, 168 people in the building were killed, over 670 injured and a one third of the building destroyed.
e. 2011 Fidel Castro resigned as Party Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba, a post he had held since 1961.
Reflections on the verdict of death against Timothy McVeigh: “"This is not a time for celebration. A man's life is being taken from him. It's something that we wanted, and it's not done out of revenge. It's because we felt it was necessary." Jannie Coverdale whose two grandsons died in the bombing. Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© April 19, 2018 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift