Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For January 25, 2019 On the illegal front really disturbing news that should outrage all Americans even Blues and create another reason for enhanced border security as the Texas Attorney General announced that his office has revealed 95,000 non citizens on voter rolls, of whom 58,000 have voted (Democrats have pooh poohed the findings most likely because of their belief that illegals vote Democratic); Pelosi and Schumer are having orgasms over the indictment of Roger Stone ignoring the fact that its contains not one wit of claims of collusion with the Trump campaign or Trump (every time she opens her deceiving partisan biased mouth time to go for the ear plugs https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/roger-stone-indictment-underscores-no-trump-russia-conspiracy/ On the 2nd Amendment front, SCOTUS announced it will hear a case in which the 2nd Circuit upheld New York City’s law banning the transport of unloaded and locked firearms outside the city (the ruling represented an assault on the Heller case and hopefully with Kavanaugh on board the court will be overturned); on the Putin saber rattling front a pair of Russian TU-160 supersonic bombers buzzed the North America coast forcing U.S. and Canadian jets to scramble to intercept; Maduro is backtracking his demand that the U.S. pull out its diplomats (total failed state which if it fires on its citizens look for the U.S. to ban the import of Venezuelan oil which would be totally crippling to the country); rabid anti-Semite and jihadist Ilhan Omar is in the news pleading for leniency for 9 men arrested for trying to join ISIS (she should be expelled for violating her oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic and Pelosi should have her head examined for putting her on the Foreign Affairs Committee).
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Outkast, factoids of interest for this day in history, the fact that Trump is trying to reduce the omphalism in the Swamp and a relevant quote from William Ginsburg on his fears over the fate of Monica Lewinsky, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like college graduations, birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. International Customs Day—created by the World Customs Organization in 1983 to promote awareness and appreciation of the role of customs agents in border security and revenue collection.
2. Lotus 1-2-3 Day—celebrating the introduction on this day in 1983 of Lotus 1-2-3 which was a spreadsheet calculator, data base manager and graphics package.
3. 2004 Number One Song— the number one song on this day in 2004 on a run of 7 weeks in that position was “Hey Ya” by Outkast. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgvGjAhvIw
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day as we move from words beginning with “n” to words beginning with “o” is “omphalism” which means centralization in government which is increasingly in the Swamp what we have too much of.
5. To Die Doing What You Love—celebrating the birth on this day in 11892 of noted aviatrix Bessie Coleman who became the first African-American flyer although she had to learn French and go to a flying school in France to get her license and return to the U.S. in 1922 as a barnstorming performer and who sadly was killed rehearsing for an air show on April 30, 1926.
On this day in:
a. 1926 John Baird publicly demonstrated a mechanical television.
b. 1961 President Kennedy name Janet Travell as the first female Physician to the President.
c. 1980 Egypt and Israel established diplomatic relations.
d. 1992 Boris Yeltsin announced to the world that the Soviet Union had stopped targeting American cities with nuclear armed missiles.
e. 1998 Bill Clinton went on national TV to lie to the American people that he did not have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky.Reflections on the fate of the Clintons as opposed to the fate of Monica Lewinsky: "Where does she go from here? This is a 24-year-old woman. The Clintons will finish their term, receive their pensions, serve on boards. This will ultimately be a blip in the history of Clinton's eight-year presidency. Monica is just beginning her life."William Ginsburg, Monica Lewinsky's attorney on his fears for her future which given the millions the Clintons have made with Hillary’s quid pro quo were well founded.
Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to www.Alaskanpoethistory.blogspot.com for just This Day in History.
© January 26, 2019, Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
Post a Comment