Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For May 6, 2019 As the economy is surging in high gear and all cylinders, Blues are struggling with an economic message to run on even as Spartacus tries to convince us that the economy is doing well because of steps Obama took (what a snooker attempt when Obama was the only president never to achieve a 3% growth rate and had more Americans on food stamps and homeless); Mueller is supposedly set to appear before the House to explain his Report findings while the Blues remain in a shameful meltdown mode ranting that Barr should be impeached for not releasing the complete unredacted Report and lying to Congress (not one Blue has read the 95% unredacted Report which is available to us all to make our own conclusions as to if Barr tried to deceive us in his summary—what a pathetic biased crock); the MSM watching its ratings dive still is 24/7 lining up Blue hacks and shills pushing for an impeachment of Trump and Barr; terrorists in Gaza have launched more than 600 rockets into Israel, killing 4 and wounding 4 while Israeli retaliatory bombs and shells have killed more that a dozen Palestinians; on the trade war front, Trump has indicated that tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods will rise to 25% on Friday due to the failure of the Chinese to agree on a trade deal; as Beyond Meat’s IPO was a huge success for investors, Blue Nalu is a San Diego startup seeking to grow fish from cells without skin, tail or fin only muscle and bring the product to market (as a former Alaskan salmon seiner I wish them luck though idea seems farfetched); through May 4, 2019 705 people have been shot in Chicago of whom 138 have died (what makes the Smollett case so frustrating is that it forced the city of Chicago to allocate scarce detective resources when in only 9% of the shootings resulting in murder have a suspect being charged this year).
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to 50 Cent, factoids of interest for this day in history, the fact that you have managed to not parbreak with the gridlock prevailing in the Swamp, and a relevant quote from Jane Green on melanoma, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like college graduations, birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. International Day of the Sport for Development and the Peace—created by the U.N. General Assembly in 2013.
2. Melanoma Monday—created by the American Society of Dermatologists to promote awareness of the deadly skin cancer melanoma which kills 20 people a day and can be prevented with skin block and long sleeved shirts and hats.
3. 2003 Number One Song—the number one song on this day in 2003 on a run of 9 weeks in that position was “In Da Club” by 50 Cent. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qm8PH4xAss
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day as we move from words beginning with “o” to words beginning with “p” is “parbreak” which means to vomit which describes to a tee our reaction to the dribble that is coming out of the Swamp.
5. Cinco De Mayo Is Your Friend Big Timer—celebrating the birthday on this day in 1961 of noted actor, producer and director George Clooney who dabbled into tequila production and sold his tequila company Casa Amigos for $700 million.
On this day in:
a. 1937 the airship Hindenburg was destroyed in a minute by an explosion while trying to land at Lakehurst, New Jersey, killing 36 people.
b. 1949 EDSAC the world first practical digital stored computer ran its first computing operation.
c. 1994 Queen Elizabeth II and French Premier Francois Mitterand officiated at the opening of the Channel Tunnel.
d. 2001 during a visit to Syria, Pope John Paul II became the first Pope to visit a mosque.
e. 2010 in a space of just 36 minutes the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged nearly 1,000 points.
Reflections on Melanoma: “Melanoma is not the most common of skin cancers, but it is the most dangerous if not found in the early stages.” Jane Green, noted American author and malignant melanoma victim who recognized the disease early and is still alive today.
Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to www.Alaskanpoethistory.blogspot.com for just This Day in History.
© May 6, 2019 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet