Ridley's Believe It Or Not—November 29, 2014: Trust your Thanksgiving was a great one and that you did not exceed 6,000 calories or if you did managed to take a very long bike ride and managed to celebrate one’s Saturday by shopping in the neighborhood small businesses. As always I hope you enjoy the holidays and observances, factoids and a quote from Bob Beauprez, with a smile on your sunscreened face, wondering if this is the day to enjoy some lemon cream pie, blessed with a positive attitude even though you know you will have to wade through tons of spam in your inbox, and secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for a memorable event or the coming Christmas, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Small Business Saturday—celebrating the backbone of our economy, the small businesses that provide most of the jobs, by today shying away from the big box retailers and shopping in the neighborhood small businesses.
2. Come Together Day—commemorating the number one song on this day in 1969 by the Beatles Come Together, a great tune for the dysfunctional members of our government to start humming when they return to D.C.
3. International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People—a U.N. observance promoting an independent state in Palestine.
4. Blue Is The Color of Vocal Chords Day—celebrating the birthday on this day in 1927 of the voice of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Vin Skully.
5. National Lemon Cream Pie Day—Now that one has digested the caloric excess of Thanksgiving, a great desert to compliment one’s meal.
On this day ina. 1877 Thomas Edison demonstrated his phonograph for the first time.
b. 1902 the Pittsburgh Stars defeated the Philadelphia Athletics 11-0 to win the first professional football championship.
c. 1972 Atari announced the release of Pong, the first successful video game.
d. 1990 the U.N. passed two resolutions authorizing the use of military force if Iraq did not withdraw its forces from Kuwait and release all foreign hostages by January 15, 1991.
Reflections on Small Business Saturday: “In America small business is a big deal.” Bob Beauprez, unsuccessful Republican candidate for governor in Colorado. Amen to that observation!
Please enjoy the 140 character poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and join almost 150 growing followers and please follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day In History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance. Go to Rhymes On The Newsworthy Times for comments on important and breaking news events that should be of interest. www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com Ridley's Believe It Or Not Rhymes On The Newsworthy Times
© November 29, 2014 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
Rhymes on the Memorable Times
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive a Lasting Lift