Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For December 6, 2019 The Cack News Network rating have dropped to its lowest primetime ratings in three years (what has to be amazing given its lack of objectivity why anyone watches CNN; one week and two deadly shootings at U.S. military installation, first in Pearl Harbor and the second one today a Pensacola Naval Air Station were an aviation military pilot from Saudi Arabia shot and killed three and wounded seven others including two security officers who killed him (obviously terrorism is not being ruled out); like the bookend of bias that he is Eric Swalwell has defended Lying Adam Schiff’s release of Nunez phone records and has the audacity that one cannot predict that the Blues will vote for impeachment (most of Blues have already made up their mind the moment Trump stepped down the escalator to declare his candidacy); after calling an Iowa voter a liar and challenging another to a push up contest, Joe Biden’s campaign seems off the rails as he attacked the MSM for suggesting that AOC represents the face of the Democratic Party (sure seems that she and her fellow Squad Members are the face); in another example of we are not alone in space a large asteroid 187’ by 426.5’ will pass by Earth at 17.6 Lunar Distances on Sunday; in another example of driving and drinking do not mix, Country Singer Kylie Rae Harris with a BAT of three times the limit and traveling at 102 m.p.h. en route to a concert was killed when she swerved in to incoming traffic; in Chicago with a new interim police chief now having to replace a fired police chief as of December 5, 2019, 2572 have been shot, of whom, 436 have died; Baltimore with a fraction of Chicago’s population, is coming in second place in the amount of gun deaths as 316 have been murdered, a number which has passed all of 2014’s death and is closing in on 2016’s yearly total of 318’s fatalities but 2017’s record of 342 looks like it won’t be broken (when will Chicago and Baltimore get serious about this carnage or is this the case of true racism as a Blue run city turns a deaf ear and a blind eye to the slaughter of people of color by people of color and when will the left focus on the problem of color on color shootings in Blue run cities which have been more deadly and more numerous than random mass shootings?).
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, factoids of interest for this day in history, a musical link to Destiny’s Child, the fact you do not speak psittastically, a relevant quote on bartenders by Jack McDevitt, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like Father’s Day, college graduations, birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Bartender Appreciation Day--created by Sailor Jerry Rum in 2011 to honor those noted mixologists/part-time psychologists who range from pourers of beer to cocktail works of art.
2. National Microwave Day—celebrating the serendipitous observation in 1945 by a Raytheon engineer working on a r project that microwave rays melted a chocolate bar in his pocket which ultimately lead to the introduction of a six foot tall microwave for food applications in 1954 and the device is an ubiquitous appliance in most homes today.
3. 2000 Number 1 Number One Song— the number one song in 2000 on this day on a run of 11 weeks in the position was “Independent Woman” by Destiny’s Child. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lPQZni7I18 The all girl band played from 2000-2006 with several cast changes with one of the more famous being Beyonce.
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “psittastically” which means to repeat mechanically in a parrot like fashion which describes the MSM when they are on a roll attacking Trump.
5. Don’t Always Need Genes to Succeed--celebrating the birthday on this day in 1959 of Satoru Iwata, the 4th president of Nintendo and the first not related by birth or marriage to the founding family; sadly his management and game programming skills could not outrun a tumor in his bile duct and he died from complications arising from removal surgery on July 15, 2015.
On this day in:
a. 1933 Federal District Court Judge James Woolsey ruled that James Joyce’s Ulysses was bit obscene.
b. 1969 at a free Rolling Stones Concert in Altamount, 18 year old Meredith Hunter was stabbed to death by the Hell Angels bodyguards.
c. 1989 anti-feminist Mark Lapine entered a classroom at the Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal, Canada, instructed the men to leave then shot and killed 6 of the 9 women in the class and went on a shooting rampage at the school, ultimately killing 14 and wounding 14 all but 4 women and then taking his own life.
d. 1999 in the case of A&M Records, Inc. v Napster, Inc. the Record Manufacturing Association of America sued Napster, Inc. for copyright infringement for its peer to peer record sharing service.
e. 2017 the Trump Administration formerly recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
Reflections on being a bartender: “There are few professions whose primary objective is to advance the cause of humanity rather than simply to make money or accrue power. Among this limited group of humanitarians I would number teachers, nurses, bookstore owners, and bartenders.” Jack McDevitt, noted American Science Fiction author
Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© December 6 , 2019 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift,
All Recipients to Receive a Lasting Lift