Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For January 22, 2016, 364 days to go in President Obama’s pathetic lame duck term. If you have not seen the movie 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi strongly recommend you should see it—good chance you might not want to support Hillary Clinton with a memory of the “it’s a video” claim especially when the evidence coming out is that on her unsecure server she placed SAP material. As always, I hope you enjoy Friday’s holidays and observances, a music link to Johnnie Ray; factoids of interest, a relevant quote from Jimmy Carter, looking forward to enjoying a few blonde brownies, blessed with a positive attitude and secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable event like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. National Celebration of Life—celebrating the uniqueness of the gift and wonder of life of the newborn.
2. Roe v. Wade Day—commemorating on of the landmark and divisive Surpreme Court decisions of all time which struck down the criminality of abortion laws.
3. 1952 Number One S ong—celebrating the number one song in 1952 on a long run of eleven weeks in that position Cry by Johnnie Ray. Here is a link to Johnnie Ray performing Cry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIxl_ISz1Ag
4. National Blonde Brownies Day—celebrating another great snack.
5. King Of Soul--celebrating the birthday on this day in 1931 Sam Cooke an iconic R & B singer who died way too early at the age of 33 by gunshot in Los Angeles.
On this day in:
a. 1506 the first contingent of 150 Swiss Guards arrived at the Vatican to provide security for the Pope.
b. 1879 at Rorke’s Drift, 150 British troops fought off 3-4,000 Zulu warriors.
c. 1970 the first 747 commercial flight occurred from New York City to London.
d. 1980 to the joy of legends of golf, the PGA formed the senior tour.
e. 2002 Kmart Corporation became the largest retailer to file for bankruptcy.