Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For March 2, 2018 On the war on police front, 17 cops have been killed in the line of duty; thank God for Nancy Pelosi for her role as a Red lightening rod and back in the news slamming Trump for not criticizing Putin for his speech on new missiles but slamming his fire and fury speech against that obese lunatic last year (keep it up Nancy each rant is worth 100,000 more Red votes); too bad Don Lemon’s first name is not Edsel to match the fact that he is the journalistic equivalent of an automotive lemon as he made a fool of himself and once again lost all credibility by falsely claiming that Fox News failed to report on Hope Hicks’ announced departure as White House Communications Director; Trump’s announcement of tariffs of 25% and 10% on imported steel and aluminum rattled the market today and provoked a strong negative reaction from China and many of our allies; Indonesia the home of the most Muslims continues its drift toward Sharia law by publicly caning Christians for violating it by gambling, extramarital sex or public displays of affection; in Chicago through March 1, 2018 361 people have been shot of whom 68 have died (Chicago is averaging two Parklands per month in terms of number of dead and the left and Blue leaders are silent while mostly minority shooters with handguns kill mostly minorities—a true definition of racism).
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Beyonce feat. Slim Thug; factoids of interest for this day in history, reading a few logia today and a relevant quote by Chris Kilham on the benefits of coffee, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Dress in Blue Day—created in 2009 to honor not Democrats but rather to promote awareness of colorectal cancer and the need for testing and more fiber in one’s diet.
2. Read Across America Day--celebrating since 1997 the birthday of Doctor Seuss and his contributions to encourage young minds to begin to read, a habit that hopefully lasts throughout their lives.
3. 2006 Number One Song— the number one song in 2006 on a run of 5 weeks in that position “Check on It” by Beyonce feat. Slim Thug. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1dUDzBdnmI
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “logia’ which means sayings of Christ which more of our politicians should be paying attention to instead of all the vile rhetoric that clouds the halls of Congress.
5. Like Father Like Daughter—celebrating the birth on this day in 1981 of Bryce Dallas Howard, noted actress who is the daughter of noted director and actor Ron Howard.
On this day in:
a. 1961 in a nationally televised broadcast, President John F. Kennedy announced formation of the Peace Corps.
b. 1969 the first test flight of the Concorde was conducted at Toulouse, France.
c. 1983 after being successfully marketed in Japan, compact discs and players were introduced in the United States and other markets.
d. 1989 12 European nations agreed to end the production of chlorofluorocarbons by the end of the century.
e. 1995 Yahoo was incorporated.
Reflections on why Starbucks is a great company to own: “Coffee is already known to be a preventive factor against mild depression, Parkinson's disease, and colon and rectal cancers.” Chris Kilham, noted medicine hunter, author and educator who has conducted medicinal plant research in 45 countries. Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© March 2, 2018 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift