Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For March 13, 2018 Just when we thought we might have progress on North Korea another bombshell as Trump before boarding Marine One announced that Mike Pompaneo would be replacing Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State (look for MSM to go bonkers on the “chaos” in the Trump Administration); Pompaneo will be replaced by Gina Haspel, Pompaneo’s Deputy Director, a 32 year spymaster at the CIA who has run “black sites” where terrorists were water boarded (watch the Blues go ballistic at her confirmation hearings over waterboarding and expect no slack even if she will be the first female CIA Director); HRC has still not comes to grips with the fact that she lost due to the fact that she was the candidate of no ideas running a lousy inept campaign and in a speech in India where she in essence said the Red states were stupid stuck in the past and the states that the Blues won had 2/3 of the nation’s GNP implying the Blue states were the future (California with its growing welfare and massive illegal population, unfunded pension liabilities and dead last in quality of life is a future that this deplorable wants nothing of) and that she lost because women did not stand up to the sexist, misogynist pressure of husbands, fathers, sons and boy friends to vote for Trump (here is a link to a weak looking HRC falling not once but twice while in India in a complete image of weakness http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/13/hillary-clinton-blames-pressure-from-men-for-why-white-women-voted-for-trump.html ;in a you have to be kidding moment while the nation is searching for ways to harden schools NYC is pulling police from schools (Di Blasio and all Blue leaders retain their cocoon of armed security); the House Intel Committee or at least its Red majority has found no evidence of collusion with the Russians only collusion by the DNC and HRC’s campaign with the Russians through the GPS anti- Trump dossier created with Russian false information funneled to Steele but as might be expected not a peep from the three biased purveyors of advocacy cack ABC, CBS and NBC; finally that person on The View Joyce Behar who when in comes to objectivity and lack of bias is without a clue apologized to Mike Pence over her remarks on Christianity (amazing what 40 + thousand phone calls to the Always Biased Cack complaining will do); in Chicago through March 12, 2018 420 people have been shot of whom 79 have died but in a rarity no deaths in the last two days.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Baauer; factoids of interest for this day in history, being view as a lucent star and a relevant quote by Pope Francis on being a Good Samaritan, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. National K-9 Veterans Day—created by Joe White in 2009 to promote awareness of the great service provided to this nation by our K-9s in the military, police, border security, search and rescue and airport security.
2. Good Samaritan Day—honoring contributions of and sacrifices by Good Samaritans to people in need and celebrated on this day which is the anniversary of the stabbing death of Kitty Genovese in New City witnessed by numerous people from their apartment windows but none of whom had the courage to call in the attack to police that would have saved her.
3. 2013 Number One Song— the number one song in 2013 on a run of 5 weeks in that position “Harlem Shake” by Baauer. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk1_DbbzSdY
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day is “lucent” which means to shining or bright which Washington would be if Trump could ever drain the Swamp.
5. Aptly Named—bemoaning the birth on this day in 1969 of Christopher Coke, infamous drug and arms dealer who finally was caught, pled guilty and received a sentence of 23 years in 2012 and will be eligible for release on July 4, 2030.
On this day in:
a. 1933 banks in the United States began to reopen after being closed by President Roosevelt to prevent masisive runs by depositors.
b. 1954 Viet Minh forces under the command of General Giap unleashed a massive artillery barrage to begin the Battle of Dien Bien Phu which resulted in catastrophic defeat for the French.
c. 1991 the DOJ announced that Exxon had agreed to pay $1 billion for the oil spill caused by the Exxon Valdez running aground after departing from Valdez, Alaska.
d. 2008 gold prices hit $1,000 an ounce at the New York Mercantile Exchange for the first time.
e. 2013 Pope Francis was elected as the 266th Pope of the Catholic Church.
Reflections on Good Samaritans: “Like the Good Samaritan, may we not be ashamed of touching the wounds of those who suffer, but try to heal them with concrete acts of love.” Pope Francis Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© March 13, 2018 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire Beyond Compare
The Perfect Gift, All Recipients to Receive Lasting Lift