Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For February 16, 2019 In Aurora, Illinois an employee Gary Martin who had worked for Henry Pratt Co. for 15 years was being and snapped killing 5 at the warehouse where he worked and wounding 5 police who responded before being killed by police; Socialist AOC whose rants against Amazon caused it to pull out of a proposed headquarters that would have created 25,000 high paying jobs was blasting Amazon for dehumanizing working conditions has been invited to see for herself (she is all rhetoric and no common sense or brain power); stargazers are looking forward to the largest "snow moon" of the year on February 19, 2019; Pope Francis has defrocked Cardinal Edgar McCarrick, the former archbishop of Washington, D.C. over sexual abuse allegations involving a teenager some 50 years ago; Maduro's death squads are killing protesters demanding his ouster as he continues to refuse humanitarian aid of food and medicine (before the country degenerates into full on civil war AOC and Sanders should visit the country to see what disasters Socialism entails; the lights must be burning late in the DOJ to gear up for an expected assault on the declared state of emergency to build needed physical barriers that the left totally opposes along with secure borders; the NFL has announced that is has settled the collusion case brought by Colin Kaepernick and the collusion case brought by Alan Reid with the terms of both settlements confidential and subject to nondisclosure agreements (wonder when the owners are going to come to the conclusion that Roger Goodell is not worth the money being paid to him and terminate him?); SCOTUS has agreed to review a lower court ruling banning Trump's Census Bureau asking whether the respondent is a citizen (seems appropriate as number of representatives should be based on citizens not including illegal aliens); when will McCabe, Comey, and Rosenstein be charged with conspiracy to overthrow the government using the 25th Amendment against Trump?
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Drake, factoids of interest for this day in history, the fact Trump is working to have the Swamp denizens shed their optimate traits and a relevant quote from Sonny Bono being a Congressman, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like college graduations, birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Kyoto Protocol Day—created in 2005 the effective day of the Kyoto Protocol signed by 191 nations and the European Union to reduce greenhouse emissions which the U.S. pulled out of in 2001.
2. National Innovation Day--created to incur innovation in young people.
3. 2018 Number One Song— the number one song on this day in 2018 on a run of 11 weeks in that position was “God's Plan" by Drake. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpVfcZ0ZcFM
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day as we move from words beginning with “n” to words beginning with “o” is “optimate” which means of the nobility or aristocracy which too many Swamp denizens believe they are.
5. Sonny of the Slopes Watch Out for that Tree—celebrating the birth on this day in 1935 of noted singer and politician Salvatore Bono better known as Sonny to his fans and constituents who was married to Cher, divorced her and became Mayor of Palm Springs then a Congressmen and who was tragically killed while skiing to a tree at Lake Tahoe on January 5, 1998.
On this day in:
a. 1923 Howard Carter unsealed the burial chamber of Pharaoh Tutankhamen.
b. 1937 To the joy of women everywhere Wallace Carothers received a patent for nylon.
c. 1968 In Haleyville, Alabama the first 9-1-1 emergency telephone system went into effect.
d. 1978 The first computer bulletin board system was created (CBBS) in Chicago.
e. 1985 To the bane of Israel, Hezbollah was founded.
Reflections on being a Congressman: “The last thing in the world I thought I would be is a U.S. Congressman, given all the bobcat vests and Eskimo boots I used to wear." Sonny Bono
Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to www.Alaskanpoethistory.blogspot.com for just This Day in History..
© February 16, 2019 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire