Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For February 15, 2019 Allan Dershowitz not a conservative voice has called out McCabe's discussion of the 25th Amendment to remove Trump totally absurd and dangerous; Congress has refused to fund the border security and worse has moved to reduce the number of ICE beds which will increase the number of illegals released into the general population awaiting court hearings for which they will never appear so Trump has taken the sane act of declaring a national emergency to access federal funds and construct what the Border Patrol has been begging for physical barriers (thank God for control of the Senate to name 2 conservative judges to SCOTUS as the Blues will be rushing to the courts to try to block the declaration); in another example of the corruption at State and the FBI, news that State was negotiating with the FBI to lower the security classification on the emails illegally stored on Hillary's email server in exchange for increased numbers of coveted attaché posts aboard at American Consulates (when will the cabal of Comey, McCabe, Stzrock, Page, Ohr, and Baker be held accountable before a grand jury?); AOC, the socialist poster child for the Blues, is being slammed for creating a hostile business environment that caused Amazon to pull out of its plans to open a headquarters in Long Island City, taking 25,000 jobs with it (she is also being slammed for her boyfriend getting a Congressional email account); Maduro continues to block humanitarian shipments of food and medicine at the Columbian border while his death squads are killing protesters; Acosta made a fool of himself at the Rose Garden in his biased attempts to discredit Trump's declaration of a national emergency while being attacked by Angel Moms bemoaning the loss of their children due to acts of illegal aliens.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Migos feat. Lil Uzi Vert, factoids of interest for this day in history, the fact you are successful in your optatives come true and a relevant quote from Chris Farley on dealing with demons, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like college graduations, birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. ENIAC—created in 2011 to celebrate the creation of the world's first computer by the Moore School of Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania in 1946..
2. Susan B. Anthony Day (Florida, United States)--created in 2011 to honor the contributions of noted suffragist Susan B. Anthony to gaining the right of women to vote.
3. 2017 Number One Song— the number one song on this day in 2017 on a run of 2 weeks in that position was “Bad and Bougee” by Migos feat Lil Uzi Vert. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-sJp1FfG7Q
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day as we move from words beginning with “n” to words beginning with “o” is “optative” which means mood expressing a wish or desire which if it expresses an end to Swamp gridlock describes feelings outside the Beltway to a tee.
5. SNL Stepping Stone to Disaster—celebrating the birth on this day in 1964 of noted actor and comedian Chris Farley who got his start in Saturday Night Live but battled obesity and drugs and died of a drug overdose at age 33, same age as another SNL member John Belushi who overdosed at age 33 also.
On this day in:
a. 1972 Sound recordings became eligible for federal copyright protection for the first time..
b. 1989 The Soviet Union's Afghan Nightmare came to an end as it announced that all its troops had left that country.
c. 1992 Jeffrey Dahmer an infamous serial killer was sentenced to 15 life terms in prison which proved to be a short one indeed as he was beaten to death by a fellow inmate in 1994.
d. 2001 The first draft of the human genome was published in Nature.
e. 2003 Protests against the Iraq War are held in over 600 cities with some 30 million demonstrators in what would have to be the largest anti—war demonstration in history.
Reflections on demons that can plague you and kill you if you retreat from reality into drugs: “I used to think that you could get to a level of success where the laws of the universe didn't apply. But they do. It's still life on life's terms, not on movie-star terms. I still have to work at relationships. I still have to work on my weight and some of my other demons.” Chris Farley
Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to www.Alaskanpoethistory.blogspot.com for just This Day in History..
© February 15, 2019 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire