Ridley’s Believe It Or Not For February 12, 2019 finally in the leftist California state some sense of fiscal reality as it pulls the plug on Ex Governor Moonbeam’s inane bullet train proposal due to massive budget overruns; in what must have been an appeal to millennials that when it came to pot, she was ultra cool, Kamala Harris in an interview admitted that unlike Clinton, she inhaled while listening to rappers in college as we learn the rappers she quoted had not yet released (nice try wanna-be but so typical of the means justify the ends or maybe an example of pot and memory dumping trend); we may be averting another shutdown as the Blues in total disregard of our safety want to a strict limit on ICE detentions exist (avoiding a shutdown should not trump the national security issues that releasing aliens into this country poses and Trump should declare a national emergency and transfer funds to build a wall and more ICE beds (almost every day there is another Angel Parent created by the death of a child caused by drugs, murders or DUIs by an illegal alien); Bill Gates who with his foundation has spent millions upon millions in worthy social causes rightfully attacked the inane policies of AOC who could not create a job if her life depended on it; notorious drug dealer El Chapo has been found guilty on all ten counts and will spend the rest of his life in a maximum security prison confined to a cell 23 hours a day; in a climate change debunking moment at Aloha State Park in Mauii, snow was falling for the first time at lower elevations.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, a music link to Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars, factoids of interest for this day in history, the fact you are not guilty of opprobrium today and a relevant quote from Sir Thomas Moore on child soldiers, secure in the knowledge that if you want to find a gift for any memorable events like college graduations, birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. You need only contact me for details.
1. Red Hand Day—created by the UN to protest against the use of children in military conflicts around the world.
2. National Freedom to Marry Day—created by Lambda Legal in 1999 to promote the marriage of same sex couples in the United States..
3. 2015 Number One Song— the number one song on this day in 2015 on a run of 14 weeks in that position was “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars. Here is a recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0
4. Word of the Day—today’s word of the day as we move from words beginning with “n” to words beginning with “o” is “opprobrium” which means disgrace or bad reputation which describes the Swamp to a tee.
5. Missed Drive By Shooting Victim—celebrating the birth on this day in 1965 of finally and newly appointed SOTUS Justice Brett Kavannaugh who survived a despicable sandbagging by Diane Feinstein and biased partisan attacks by Democrats to be confirmed on SCOTUS.
On this day in:
a. 1963 Construction began on the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri.
b. 1974 Alexander Solzhenitsyn was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature and exiled from the Soviet Union.
c. 1999 on party lines President Clinton was found not guilty of impeachment, a lesson the likes of Maxine Waters should learn in her inane quest to impeach President Trump.
d. 2001 the NEAR Shoemaker spacecraft landed at 433 Eros becoming the first spacecraft to land on an asteroid.
e. 2004 the City of San Francisco began issuing same sex marriage certificates pursuant to a directive from Mayor Gavin Newsom.Reflections on the tragedy of children soldiers: “The saddest sight these days is the image of hundreds of thousands of children kidnapped and lured into being child soldiers from the age of eight.” Sir Roger Moore, noted English actor best known for his roles in the James Bond movies.
Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to www.Alaskanpoethistory.blogspot.com for just This Day in History..
© February 12, 2019 Michael P. Ridley aka the Alaskanpoet
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire