Ridley’s Believe It Or Not July 20, 2021
CV World Cases:
The CV pandemic across the planet continues on a slowing down basis the
new year with cases now over 192 million at 192,062,863 cases (191,712,967
cases yesterday); 13,181,171 of
which are active, 178,881,692 closed with 174,764,757 recoveries (97.70%
and 97.70% yesterday, and 4,116,935 deaths (2.30% and 2.30% yesterday) to
continue the slow trend of increased cases with increased recovery percentages
and decreased death percentage with some plateaus, dips, and rises.
CV USA Cases: Total cases now over 35 million at 35,019,526 (35,018,600 yesterday) with 4,986,861 active cases of which 6073 are serious or critical, (6702 yesterday and 8,599 on 3/25/2021) (now on a serious upswing due to Delta virus up to .012% of active cases and now a steady increase in the number of serious or critical cases to decrease the reduction from the 29,271 peak on 12/31/2020 to 23,198, 30,032,665 closed, with 624,998 deaths (2.08% and 2.08% yesterday) and with 29,407,667 recoveries (97.92% and 97.92% yesterday). Our death rate percentage continues to slowly improve and after many months is still .22% lower than the world’s death rate.
Standing: On a deaths per million population measure on a steady but slow climb to 1877 the U.S. ranks behind Peru (5837) the new number 1 which has had a quantum leap in deaths previously unmatched which was a change in the classification to give Peru the a new method of reporting to have a fatality rate of 9.36% of total cases now; Hungary the new number 2 has had a huge continuing surge in deaths with the increase now slowing down and improving slightly to 3.89% of its closed cases have died (3116), aping Hungary in terms of increase in deaths Bulgaria (2637), Brazil (2535) which has been hit with a rapid rise in deaths and cases and passed us and Italy, Argentina (2234), Belgium (2166), (Italy (2118), Poland (1990), and the UK (1887) which had passed us despite leading world in testing and now has new deaths barely increasing), and slightly better than Mexico (1814), Romania (1793), Chile (1792), Spain (1735), France (1705), Portugal (1694), Bolivia (1476), Sweden (1438) that never closed its economy down like we did, and Switzerland (1250).
We have now conducted 517,831,773 (now at 1,554,887/M) compared to number 2 now
France at 1,520,824 we are conducting more tests in number and on a per
capital basis for all nations (other than those nations that contain small
populations like Bahrain, Denmark, Israel, Malta, Singapore and UAE) other
than the U.K. which remains as king of the mountain with respect to tests at 3,437,487/M.
CV Open Gate: Lost in the pronouncements by Biden and his lackeys that there is no crisis of illegals surging across the border is that fact that COVID-19 is alive and well and spreading in the Northern Triangle and Mexico which been passed by Argentina to move down to 11th on my list of deaths from the pandemic at 1814/M with a fatality rate of 10.32% of closed cases and the 3 countries in the Northern Triangle in terms of active cases and deaths per million are as follows even though the data may be suspect as underreported (regardless of number we need no more cases):
Cases: 31,240 Deaths/M 544
Honduras: Active Cases: 178,283 Deaths/M 743
El Salvador: Active cases: 5,217 Deaths/M 383
Vaccinations: As of 7/19/21 338.2 million doses at .521 million per day and in
California 76,224 per day which means if the rate does not increase it will
take us now some 6 months to have 75% of the population vaccinated which many
believe is necessary to develop herd immunity (other than Flip Flop Fauci who may
believe that 90% is required). In
California 44,195,184 total doses have been given (88.5% of doses received to
exceed the U.S. average of 86.8%), but even with the pressure of a recall to be
scheduled this fall which hopefully end Newsom’s term, California
has finally has not moved from 18th of the 50 states in terms
of the percentage of doses administered as a percentage of doses delivered to
the states and at 51.8% of its population fully vaccinated compared to the U.S.
average of 48.6% has moved from 18th to 17th tied with Delaware among
the 50 states. A long way to go still to get herd immunity in terms
of getting vaccines received into arms and the percentage of the population
fully vaccinated compared to other states which means a great reason to recall
this inept and hypocritical governor.
Non CV News: Bezos’ New Shephard’s fully computer controlled space ship New Shepard successfully followed Branson’s footsteps into and back from space without hiccup for him and his 3 other passengers; the number of infected Texas scofflaws who fled Austin to a quorum prevent has risen to 6 and an aide to Pelosi and an aide to Biden have tested positive after their interaction with them; fireworks at a Senate Hearing today between Senator Paul and Flip Flop Fauci over our involvement in “gain of function” research on the CV with Paul implying Fauci was lying to Congress; Swalwell after the exposé of Chinese spy Fang’s involvement in his office has until now been keeping a low profiled but campaign records show he is spending campaign dollars like a drunken sailor on a spree for booze often delivered to him, fine dining restaurants, 5 star hotels and limos (totally devoid of trustworthiness but a real star in bamboozling his constituents); pity the Polish swimmers, 6 of them, that arrived in Tokyo for the Olympics only to find Poland was allowed to send 17 and had to send 6 back; the Southern Border is wide open as record numbers of illegals continue to pore in along with human traffic, crime, drugs and CV infections; Sefronia Thompson is ranting that arresting her for fleeing Texas is like treating her as a slave and returning her to the plantation; Mayor Bowser of the Swamp how ordered “Black Lives Matter” to be painted on a Washington, D.C. street evidently is concerned over BLM’s support of the communist regime in Cuba as she ordered the painting of ”Cuba Libre” in front of the Cuban Embassy to be removed which it was; in what seems like an overkill, Harvey Weinstein, already serving 23 years in New York, has been extradited to California to face trial in 11 counts of sexual abuse; Bill Gates had his low tech solution to solve malaria—a mosquito net to sleep under and leave it to the political cartoonist to pan AOC to suggest to her a solution for the carbon emissions from methane spewing into our atmosphere:
Gun Violence: Hey Jackass.com is alive and well to collect data to show
that through July 19, 2,021, gun violence involving mostly persons of
color shooting mostly persons of color in Chicago is alive and well with 2322
persons shot of whom 400 have died.
As always, I hope you enjoy today’s holidays and observances, factoids of interest for this day in history, a video recording musical link to “Rag Doll” by The Four Seasons, the fact that you have avoided significant saprodontia and a quote by Michael Collins on flights to the Moon, secure in the knowledge that if you want to send a gift for any memorable events like Labor Day, college graduations, birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries, you know that the Alaskanpoet can provide you with a unique customized poem at a great price tailored to the event and the recipient. Please contact me for details on pricing.
1. International Chess Day—created the International Chess Federation in 1966 at the urging of UNESCO to promote the game of chess among the some 650 million who have played it from time to time worldwide and celebrated on this day as it is the anniversary of the founding of the International Chess Federation in 1924.
2. Space Exploration Day—created by proclamation by President Ronald Reagan on this day in 1984 to commemorate the progress made in space exploration, manned and unmanned and to promote the further exploration of space (ironic but one wonders if Bezos chose this day for this suborbital ride into space because of the symbolism on the holiday).
3. 1964 Number 1 Song USA—the number 1 song in 1964 on this day was “Rag Doll” by The Four Seasons on a run of 2 weeks in that position to join 22 other songs that achieved number 1 status as 11 acts achieved their first number 1 song on the Billboard Hot 100. Here is a recording by The Four Seasons of “Rag Doll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOCn2F0ZtMY The Four Seasons with Franky Valley with the Beach Boys are the only American bands to enjoy commercial success before, during and after the British Invasion and memorialize in the musical and the movie The Jersey Boys and with Frankie Valli still a member are still performing.
4. Word of the Day—the word of the day is “saprodontia” which means tooth decay which is a great incentive to practice good dental hygiene and visit your dentist for checkups.
5. Break a Leg Lose a Life--celebrating the birth on this day in 1933 of noted rock and roll singer Buddy Knox who plied his craft for 35 years and cost him 3 marriages due to travelling on road some 250 days a year earning him the dubious distinction of Billboard Magazine naming him the “most travelling entertainer” in the world. He moved to Port Orchard, Washington be closer to his fiancée in 1997 but later fell and broke his hip only to have a doctor inform him that after being a lifetime smoker, he had developed lung cancer and died from it on February 14, 1999 a few weeks before the start of a farewell tour.
on Apollo 11 from the astronaut who stayed aboard orbiting 30 times while
Aldrin and Armstrong explored the Moon: “I think a future flight should
include a poet, a priest and a philosopher… we might get a much better idea of
what we saw.” Michael Collins who left us on April 28, 2021 due to cancer. This
poet certainly agrees with his suggestions.
Please enjoy the poems on events of interest on my twitter account below (if you like them, retweet, and follow me) and follow my blogs. Always good, incisive and entertaining poems on my blogs—click on the links below. Go to www.alaskanpoet.blogspot.com for Ridley’s Believe It Or Not—This Day in History, poems to inspire, touch, emote, elate and enjoy and poems on breaking news items of importance or go to Ridley's Believe It Or Not for just This Day in History.
© July 20, 2021 Michael P. Ridley aka The
Alaskanpoet for Hire, Poems to Admire
Poet Extraordinaire, Beyond Compare
A Unique Gift, All Recipients a Lasting Gift